Experimental KDE Plasma Neon Wayland ISO Spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Does KDE have a frequently maintained todo list for Wayland?

Yup, here's our task list:

User-facing errata:

Brief unordered run-down of what we did in the last ~three months for 5.9:

* kill window

* color picker support

* screenshot support

* pointer constraints (confinement and locking)

* support for relative pointer motion events

* improved pointer gestures support

* Support for Android hwcompoer version 1.4 and 1.5

* More input device configuration options exposed (libinput 1.5 required now)

* Input device configuration options are saved and restored on next startup

* Support for borderless maximized windows

* Drag-to-move on empty area supported in Breeze and Oxygen widget style

* XWayland windows have proper window icon in task bar

* Multi-screen improvements for KWin Effects

* Custom color scheme can be installed on Wayland windows

* auto-hide panel support
    More to do, but progress.

As for trolling like "wait for Gnome to clear the way" - shrug. People involved with the technology know better. I'm grateful that our users are generally nice and busy enough not to do participate in that sort of immature mudslinging .

Comment

Originally posted by Sho_ View Post

Yup, here's our task list:

User-facing errata:

Brief unordered run-down of what we did in the last ~three months for 5.9:

More to do, but progress.

As for trolling like "wait for Gnome to clear the way" - shrug. People involved with the technology know better. I'm grateful that our users are generally nice and busy enough not to do participate in that sort of immature mudslinging .
      You may not know that, but Griffin is not a real classical being, you can forget about his posts actually.

Congrats for all the job you accomplish, Neon is great!
      I really like it and your Wayland effort is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post

Root cause analysis: KDE have no developers who want to fix the stale Kwin. All you get is occasional blogs about "Wayland progress". That is high level procrastination while we all damn well know Kwin is a mess.
        Talking about procrastination, Kwin devs do not spend their whole life trolling like you do.

Comment

Tried to follow their blog link, but it doesn't work...
          Still... very good and encouraging news! Wayland working on VirtualBox? I've been waiting for this!

Comment

All platforms moved to CSD. Wayland were designed for CSD. Yet KDE claims there a "engineering considerations" that made them stay in the 90s. Wait.. Even the few KDE designers know this is stupid so the made two iterations of DWD, a paper tiger CSD/SSD hybrid that never materialised.

The best part; You guys support this kind of nonsense. Anyway thanks for the lulz as you try to force the constraints of SSD on the developers and users. I wonder if any KDE users are brave enough to call bullshit on the whole SSD mistake? It is evident that the industry moved in another direction and KDE is isolating it self on the Island of the 90s.
            What killer features are you missing because of lack of CSD?

Comment

Wayland were designed for CSD.
              Wayland doesn't deal with decorations at all, there is no special decoration surface.

Anyway thanks for the lulz as you try to force the constraints of SSD on the developers and users.
              How is it a constraint to support both.
              A client which wants to provide decoration features and doesn't mind to be inconsistent as a result can use client side decorations.
              A client which doesn't need any fancy features and wants to be consistent just lets the compository handle decorations.

Cheers,
              _

Comment

All platforms moved to CSD. Wayland were designed for CSD. Yet KDE claims there a "engineering considerations" that made them stay in the 90s. Wait.. Even the few KDE designers know this is stupid so the made two iterations of DWD, a paper tiger CSD/SSD hybrid that never materialised.

The best part; You guys support this kind of nonsense. Anyway thanks for the lulz as you try to force the constraints of SSD on the developers and users. I wonder if any KDE users are brave enough to call bullshit on the whole SSD mistake? It is evident that the industry moved in another direction and KDE is isolating it self on the Island of the 90s.
                Did KDE's team always took "the best technical decisions", maybe not.
                But as long as their DE works (and it works fine for me) I do not care that much about CSD/SSD etc.

Comment

anyone has tested this wayland release of neon?

Comment

All platforms moved to CSD. Wayland were designed for CSD..
                    All platforms? Hum, how would you do [Qubes_OS](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qubes_OS) (which use color borders to disambiguate between different VM) using CSD only?

Comment

Working...
                    X