Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK's Vulkan Renderer Now Working On Wayland

Phoronix: GTK's Vulkan Renderer Now Working On Wayland

The GTK toolkit's Vulkan renderer continues making quick progress...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Wayland-Setup

They should now take a sane default ui like material instead of adwaita. My personal opinion, adwaita is just old looking

Comment

Originally posted by swoorup View Post
      They should now take a sane default ui like material instead of adwaita. My personal opinion, adwaita is just old looking
      I also find adwaita ugly.. they should look at solus for a nice modern theme..

Comment

Adwaita with globally enabled Dark Theme is nice. At least it's better than Ubuntu's Ambiance, which looks the same since 10.10.

https://s0.cyberciti.org/uploads/tip...ck-Desktop.png

Comment

Wayland + Vk&Gtk with priority qeues for radv getting worked on, 2017 is going to be sick !

Comment

Originally posted by tessio View Post

I also find adwaita ugly.. they should look at solus for a nice modern theme..
            Adwaita is not ugly, it's just KDE 10 years ago XD

Comment

So this should help with power usage and performance? Will all the default gnome apps need to be rewrote to take advantage of Vulkan? I keep dabbling my toes into Wayland, but until Kodi works nicely without jitter and odd interface flashing.. I can't make the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Adwaita is not ugly, it's just KDE 10 years ago XD
                looks better than modern KDE to be honest.

So which desktop should i use to get mutter with nvidia on wayland and vulkan GTK support? Looking to move on from KDE.

Comment

I like the current Adwaita in gtk+ 3.22. It is very easy on the eyes.

Comment

So how do I use the Vulkan renderer? Some environment variable?

Comment

Working...
                    X