GNOME Lands Mainline NVIDIA Wayland Support Using EGLStreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Just writing to report that I'm currently using the nvidia/gnome/wayland now and it's working pretty well, but not as well as with the open source drivers.
    First you have to disable hardened user copy (and therefore rebuild your kernel with CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY) which is a pain and a concern, and then the kernel is throwing warnings constantly, so there's probably some work to be done by nvidia still.
    Other than that, it' works fine, but it's really not as smooth as intel for example (numerous interruptions & flickering during boot and VT switching).

F.

Comment

Originally posted by fguerraz View Post
      Hi,

Just writing to report that I'm currently using the nvidia/gnome/wayland now and it's working pretty well, but not as well as with the open source drivers.
      First you have to disable hardened user copy (and therefore rebuild your kernel with CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY) which is a pain and a concern, and then the kernel is throwing warnings constantly, so there's probably some work to be done by nvidia still.
      Other than that, it' works fine, but it's really not as smooth as intel for example (numerous interruptions & flickering during boot and VT switching).

F.
      What distro? I thought a patch was needed to get the compositor working, because i tried a few weeks ago and that couldn't work. Also I've seen that the latest nvidia driver fixes the issue with the HARDENED_USERCOPY thing.

Comment

Working...
      X