Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Minute XWayland Improvements For X.Org Server 1.19, Including Pointer Warping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute XWayland Improvements For X.Org Server 1.19, Including Pointer Warping

Phoronix: Last Minute XWayland Improvements For X.Org Server 1.19, Including Pointer Warping

A number of last minute XWayland improvements/fixes landed today in the Git code-base ahead of this month's X.Org Server 1.19 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I couldn't wait for this news. I'm waiting for 1.19 release.

Comment

Is this why I always look straight up or straight down in First-Person games?

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
        Is this why I always look straight up or straight down in First-Person games?
        yes, without this (and compositor patches too) X games on Xwayland go crazy

Comment

I missed it on Steam games, good to know it is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
            yes, without this (and compositor patches too) X games on Xwayland go crazy
            Nice! With this, and the mouse acceleration options menu in Gnome 3.22, I might soon be able to play some games again. Great!

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post

Nice! With this, and the mouse acceleration options menu in Gnome 3.22, I might soon be able to play some games again. Great!
              GNOME >= 3.20 also has the pointer locking and confinement protocol implemented for native windows and support is in the development branch of SDL2.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                GNOME >= 3.20 also has the pointer locking and confinement protocol implemented for native windows and support is in the development branch of SDL2.
                You mean my mouse won't travel over to my other monitor when I play games, ruining everything? Nice! I jumped on the Wayland bagwagon only a *tad* too early, it seems.

Comment

Working...
                X