Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute Wayland Fixes For GNOME 3.22

Phoronix: Last Minute Wayland Fixes For GNOME 3.22

It looks like running the GNOME desktop environment natively on Wayland should be in pretty good shape after a round of last-minute improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Exciting times! It took many years, but it finally seems like Wayland can start to become the de-facto standard on the desktop!

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Unless somebody knows differently, we're still lacking a decent hw accelerated browser. Firefox works, maybe? AFAIK, even Epiphany lacks acceleration though webkit-gtk on Wayland currently, perhaps this has changed recently? Hopefully there will be a Wayland enabled Desktop Chromium browser. The Ozone-Wayland project is embedded only, although it works very well, with the exception of the UI.

Comment

And the numlock problem is fixed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            Exciting times! It took many years, but it finally seems like Wayland can start to become the de-facto standard on the desktop!
            I don't like the GNOME 3 user interface paradigm - but I have to respect the GNOME 3 team for getting Wayland working with it. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
              Unless somebody knows differently, we're still lacking a decent hw accelerated browser. Firefox works, maybe? AFAIK, even Epiphany lacks acceleration though webkit-gtk on Wayland currently, perhaps this has changed recently? Hopefully there will be a Wayland enabled Desktop Chromium browser. The Ozone-Wayland project is embedded only, although it works very well, with the exception of the UI.
              I quote this post A Qtwebengine browser based on wayland would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post

I don't like the GNOME 3 user interface paradigm - but I have to respect the GNOME 3 team for getting Wayland working with it. Very cool.
                I tried, but i can't use it either...
                I'd rather use Unity, if i really had to pick...

Comment

I can't run synaptic package manager on Wayland 3.21.90.

Comment

Working...
                  X