Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute Wayland Fixes For GNOME 3.22

Phoronix: Last Minute Wayland Fixes For GNOME 3.22

It looks like running the GNOME desktop environment natively on Wayland should be in pretty good shape after a round of last-minute improvements...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Minute-Wayland

Exciting times! It took many years, but it finally seems like Wayland can start to become the de-facto standard on the desktop!

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Unless somebody knows differently, we're still lacking a decent hw accelerated browser. Firefox works, maybe? AFAIK, even Epiphany lacks acceleration though webkit-gtk on Wayland currently, perhaps this has changed recently? Hopefully there will be a Wayland enabled Desktop Chromium browser. The Ozone-Wayland project is embedded only, although it works very well, with the exception of the UI.

Comment

And the numlock problem is fixed!!
          https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=757943

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            Exciting times! It took many years, but it finally seems like Wayland can start to become the de-facto standard on the desktop!
            I don't like the GNOME 3 user interface paradigm - but I have to respect the GNOME 3 team for getting Wayland working with it. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
              Unless somebody knows differently, we're still lacking a decent hw accelerated browser. Firefox works, maybe? AFAIK, even Epiphany lacks acceleration though webkit-gtk on Wayland currently, perhaps this has changed recently? Hopefully there will be a Wayland enabled Desktop Chromium browser. The Ozone-Wayland project is embedded only, although it works very well, with the exception of the UI.
              I quote this post A Qtwebengine browser based on wayland would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post

I don't like the GNOME 3 user interface paradigm - but I have to respect the GNOME 3 team for getting Wayland working with it. Very cool.
                I tried, but i can't use it either...
                I'd rather use Unity, if i really had to pick...

Comment

I can't run synaptic package manager on Wayland 3.21.90.

Comment

Working...
                  X