• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unapproved post above...

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
      Buy AMD or get out of OUR forum!
      Really, someone should ask Micheael to change that ugly green in the forum to a more appropriate color.

Like red.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
        #1 this is totally offtopic
        a post about AMD is never offtopic.
        [QUOTE]#2 we do not care about what you buy, [QUOTE]No if you buy AMD we care.
        #3 who are the people in this forum who like ALL posts stating AMD is the best?!!! Or maybe it is a robot? That's crazy, even when AMD loose badly benchs, those posts are "liked"!
        Having a pretty decent opensource driver strategy on linux does carry some good PR with it.
        Benches aren't everything, true gamers don't game on linux anyway. (which is a FACT and you know it is a FACT too)
        What matters is the likelyhood of having a decent opensource driver in a near future.
        And the fact that AMD has no reason to not support wayland decently as soon as it is out (unlike NVIDIA that has a long history of being dumb on these things), even if currently it's not supported in their blob.

Comment

Hm, forgot a "/sarcasm" in the post above. Just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Yeah... maybe next time.
            I've actually considered the RX480. But since it's weaker in Witcher 3 and AMD made no improvements to their OpenGL driver, I'll stick to what I know. And I do have an intel GPU (because you can't buy a CPU without one any more), but I don't think I ever use it.
            Is it weaker in Witcher 3? Sure, but is it that weak that you can't live with it?
            I actually have an RX480 and i love it!
            Here are the reasons why i prefer it:
            Better at DX12/Vulkan, which is only the future...
            Is it bad at OpenGL? Who really cares? Seriously. If DX12/Vulkan weren't around or no one was adopting them, then you would be right.
            AMD continously improves their drivers. Historicaly their GPUs get faster about 30% after their drivers mature... Nvidia always stays the same.
            Crossfire. Maybe i'll get another one, maybe i won't. Still it's good to have the choice.

Bottom line, Nvidia is better at stuff that doens't really matter, to me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
              We are Legion? j/k
              Dunno why that matters, though...less disruptive than the people who proceed to proclaim " No! [GPU X] is garbage, [Vendor Y] is better because [REASONS Z]", on either side.

Ah, so that explains why my post received no likes.
              I put a like, just to see if there is script/blacklist, and it worked. I can now state that Michael is not involved in this AMD conspiracy theory.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                Hm, forgot a "/sarcasm" in the post above. Just in case.
                Just before I mark you as a traitor. Lucky you.

Comment

Working...
                X