GNOME/GTK Support For Drawing Tablets On Wayland Is Feature Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME/GTK Support For Drawing Tablets On Wayland Is Feature Complete

Phoronix: GNOME/GTK Support For Drawing Tablets On Wayland Is Feature Complete

In time for next month's GNOME 3.22 release, the drawing tablet support for GNOME on Wayland is getting into shape...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

gnome progress on wayland overcomes KDE. Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      gnome progress on wayland overcomes KDE. Never mind.
      GNOME overcomes KDE pretty much in everything.. But never mind..

Comment

GNOME had a year headstart compared to KDE due to the massive porting from Qt4 to Qt5 (and other refactoring issues). I believe that the next releases of Plasma and Kwin (5.8) are supposed to be feature complete for Wayland.

Comment

This is good news, too bad I don't like to use gnome... but I just might give it a shot now.

Comment

Originally posted by arboy84 View Post
            GNOME had a year headstart compared to KDE due to the massive porting from Qt4 to Qt5 (and other refactoring issues). I believe that the next releases of Plasma and Kwin (5.8) are supposed to be feature complete for Wayland.
            Redhat and Fedora have a lot of GNOME developers, so it would make sense that the push to Wayland as default would drive this to be completed faster. I'm sure Rex Dieter (Fedora) will really push KDE to work well for Fedora 26, or at least try, as he has a history of being a Fedora+KDE advocate and is a prominent Fedora developer.

Comment

Originally posted by arakan94 View Post

GNOME overcomes KDE pretty much in everything.. But never mind..
              Except UI, performance, comfort of use, available applications, customization ability, portability (I don't care about this one except mobiles) and so on. KDE owns gnome in most possible ways.

Comment

GNOME overcomes KDE pretty much in everything.
                KDE owns gnome in most possible ways.
                Please stop this trolling. Subjective opinions are not fact, and it is very tiresome to read the same shit over and over in the forum, everytime some GNOME news pop up. If you don't like GNOME/KDE/whatever, why post shit about it?? Just ignore the news and move on. GNU/Linux is about choice.

As a satisfied GNOME user and using a stylus over 50% of the time, I think this is exciting news. Hopefully some GNOME devs will add resizing tablet area to the Settings panel, for users uncomfortable with 'xsetwacom'.

Comment

Originally posted by arboy84 View Post
                  GNOME had a year headstart compared to KDE due to the massive porting from Qt4 to Qt5 (and other refactoring issues).
                  They did have a head start, but not for that reason. GNOME underwent the same massive refactoring for GNOME 3... one of the goals of which was to enable something like Wayland. The difference is simply that they started their transformation *much* earlier than KDE did... they've been working on this for a very long time.

Comment

Wake me when Huion tablets are properly supported in GTK/GNOME. Right now, they are broken. MyPaint blames GDK and with personal experience the Huion 610 Pro works in all aspects of Krita and Mypaint but not the freehand pressure sensitive brushes.

Oddly, it works in GIMP.

Comment

Working...
                    X