Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creak
    replied
    I found Wayland on Fedora 24 pretty stable, I could run Firefox, GNOME Terminal, and other common stuff, and even Steam and Cities: Skyline without any problem.

But the only one problem that seems completely outstanding to me is that the numlock state isn't remembered and is disabled by default every time you start a new session... I mean... Num-fucking-lock! Are we still in the 80's where not all the keyboards had this key?

Leave a comment:

• Anvil
    replied
    i'd say 27 is more likely to be Wayland Default than 26

Leave a comment:

• Anvil
    replied
    Originally posted by boxie View Post

If they do that then people won't do the work to try and make it ready until the start of F27 or F28...
    well it wont be ready to be made Default now for F25 , AFAIK Wayland an Gnome-shell + Apps dont play well together https://lists.fedoraproject.org/arch...LH7477QDCXVNE/

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    i still cant see Fedora25 having Wayland by Default , i think Fedora needs to be realistic an look at Fedora27 or 28 having Wayland by Default,
    If they do that then people won't do the work to try and make it ready until the start of F27 or F28...

Leave a comment:

• Anvil
    replied
    i still cant see Fedora25 having Wayland by Default , i think Fedora needs to be realistic an look at Fedora27 or 28 having Wayland by Default,

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Wayland / Weston 1.12 Now Available In Alpha Form

Wayland / Weston 1.12 Now Available In Alpha Form

Phoronix: Wayland / Weston 1.12 Now Available In Alpha Form

The alpha release of the upcoming Wayland and Weston 1.12 version is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X