The Sway i3-Compatible WM For Wayland Now Supports Tabbed/Stacking Layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sway i3-Compatible WM For Wayland Now Supports Tabbed/Stacking Layouts

Phoronix: The Sway i3-Compatible WM For Wayland Now Supports Tabbed/Stacking Layouts

Sway, the i3-compatible tiling window manager for Wayland, is out with a new version...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...yland-Released

hey Michael, 20m ago wine 1.9.9 got released
    http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.gi...adc84bf8a36504

Comment

I've been waiting for this! Very exciting!

Comment

0.6 is already in the Arch repos!

Will try on my laptop now, won't be on my desktop until nvidia gets their shit together though.

Comment

Is there any work-ready, stable wayland environment out there that I could use?

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
            Gnome3 and Hawaii desktop are pretty stable.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
              I think Gnome 3.20 probably the best for Wayland support right now. For work it's probably fine. Supports pointer confinement for games too but I'm not sure what the support level in libraries like libSDL is for that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by paintbynumbers View Post

I think Gnome 3.20 probably the best for Wayland support right now. For work it's probably fine. Supports pointer confinement for games too but I'm not sure what the support level in libraries like libSDL is for that yet.
                Argh, Gnome (and Ubuntu's unity) is like the one and only DE I can't stand. Hawaii is not 1.0 yet and nowhere claims to be stable yet. I recall trying it a few months ago and it bugged out on me pretty fast (like I wasn't even running any programs on top of it yet)

Comment

I am very happy about this. As an i3 user, I've kept a close eye on the sway project since it started. This was the biggest missing feature preventing me from actually using sway until now. I am looking forward to trying this stuff out, and potentially moving full-time to wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by tajjada View Post
                    I am very happy about this. As an i3 user, I've kept a close eye on the sway project since it started. This was the biggest missing feature preventing me from actually using sway until now. I am looking forward to trying this stuff out, and potentially moving full-time to wayland.
                    Tell us how it goes!

Comment

Working...
                    X