Wobbly Windows Support & Other Post-Processing Effects For Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
    ... and now they want to add extra steps...
    ...of which client-side decorations are 100% optional, are implemented within the compositor (as opposed to having the display server pass it off to a window manager and back to the server), and having a lesser amount of "extra steps" when compared to an X server being paired with Compiz or what have you (or any window manager for that matter).

See? Even when more steps are added to the Wayland equation, they're still done in a more efficient, more effective manner than X.org.

Comment

This is very important. Because then you can do other useful things, such a on-hover window thumbnail previews in the taskbar.

Comment

These are jiggly windows, not wobbly windows. This is bullshit!

Comment

Originally posted by Scias View Post
          Maybe check the posting date before.

1st April

Wayland developers are already very reluctant adding protocol for stuff like screen capture so a protocol for wobbly windows is extremely unlikely and anyways makes no sense since the compositor is already free to do that without the need of a protocol...
          This.

Classic Phoronix article - blog post rehashed on autopilot, never mind thinking for ten seconds if anything in it makes any sense...

On the plus side, none of the spammy internal links.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            I hope this dies in a fire.
            I am overly surprised to see messages with likes that have such opinion. You can't be serious, effects are important too. That was one of things that attracted me ≈5 years ago in GNU/Linux, that thing being of advantages on the long list which you might say to answer the question «Why Linux better than Windows». And even now, though I completely gone to tiling WMs for usability reasons, I love all those effects. There's no single reason to not have them.

Comment

@FLHerne
              I like it. I don't like newspapers which make opinions on their own and pass them to me. I like making my opinion, on something I am interested in, myself. It has some disadvantages such as this April Fooling

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
                Jesus? I thought Saint Peter was supposed to be the gatekeeper? ☺
                He called in sick that day...

Comment

Doesn't make sense to me at all. Why has the protocol to support this? Do we need support for every single colorschemes and styles, too?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerroast View Post
                    ...of which client-side decorations are 100% optional, are implemented within the compositor (as opposed to having the display server pass it off to a window manager and back to the server), and having a lesser amount of "extra steps" when compared to an X server being paired with Compiz or what have you (or any window manager for that matter).
                    Client-side decorations are, by definition, outside the compositor

Comment

Ohh enlightenment, you make me so wet

If only you were stable yet...

Comment

Working...
                      X