The Wayland Issues Still Ahead Of Fedora 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

well its the ' Mouse Cursur " in f23 Wayland, it Disapears, which is annoying to say the least, iv'e seen other people having the same problem, an no Rawhide Lives are still Broken. but i wanna Test if thats still the case in Wayland 1.10
    ​Yes it's been fixed, was a bug in Xwayland.

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    just ask one question during install: "do you want to use features x, y and z and suffer legacy desktop?" and select default session based on answer
    Most users don't care about this stuff, there's no need to bother them with it. The ones who do care can manually select Wayland at the login screen.

Comment

That list is surprisingly small... on-screen keyboard just needs to figure out how to interface uinput with libinput (easy to do on console and interfacing with evdev for X) was a stackexchange question about this here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...-with-libinput (unanswered though... )

Tablet support well.. that's what I'd like to say too! I think Libinput already mostly supports tablets (both for drawing and those handheld thing'majugs) but the biggest problem is that there is no configuration front-end available for the supported devices (unless you are on X) btw I have found out that input drivers can to an extent work through xorg-wayland, according to xdotool anyways (which does) which could potentially be used to temporarily bypass this issue. The problem with it is that it cannot use some wayland native shortcuts (like alt+f4) which invoke wayland commands.

Positioning chooser... I don't know what that even means... but sounds easy.

I guess the biggest issue is accessibilty features, but looks like most of them are completed, or halfway there. (Let's forget about that XRandR thing, that is a BAD idea)

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post

Minor yes. Still it is important to do the considerations to quality and keep things testable. Fedora and Gnome have quality standards you know... If you want untested and untestable code thrown against the wall you need to look for other desktops.
        It's only of interest to a tiny minority. Such things should be blockers as they make matters worse for everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

It's only of interest to a tiny minority. Such things should be blockers as they make matters worse for everybody else.
          it won't be a majority of users, but if the fedora linux desktop is presented as broken by default...

Comment

I feel like some people don't understand that this is a blocker for making it default, i.e. applicable to everyone. I mean seriously, you can still choose wayland manually once in GDM and it will remember to always open wayland for you... it's been this way for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryM View Post
              it won't be a majority of users, but if the fedora linux desktop is presented as broken by default...
              Nobody cares about tablet support.

Comment

Working...
              X