Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An i3-Compatible Tiling Window Manager For Wayland

Phoronix: An i3-Compatible Tiling Window Manager For Wayland

Sway is an open-source tiling window manager that supports Wayland and is fully-compatible with the i3 configuration files...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome! I have been wishing somebody would do this.
    It still needs several features (see feature support) before it is ready for everyday use, but it looks very promising.
    Good job.

Comment

Xmonad, awesome and dwm are more interesting. Surprising that someone uses i3.

Comment

Well, 1 window manager is usually enough for me. 3 just seems a bit overkill.

Comment

Maybe not the right place to ask for this but whatever.

Have written a simple tiling wayland wm, and would love if someone else than me could try it out and report bugs if you find any.
          I don't use it daily because my main computer is a desktop with nvidia, but run it a few times a week on my chromebook with intel graphics and it's pretty stable on my machine, but would love if someone could try it out on other setups, especially on AMD hardware with the open source drivers.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but.

I have written a tiling wayland wm as a small hobby project, and would love if someone else would like to try it and report some bugs.
            It's pretty stable on my intel laptop, but I'm not using it daily yet because floating windows do not work properly and nvidia doesn't support wayland yet.
            Would be great if someone could try it on some other setups, especially on AMD open source drivers since I don't own a AMD graphics card anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
              Xmonad, awesome and dwm are more interesting. Surprising that someone uses i3.
              trivial to setup, no hassle startup config, very easy to follow configuration. that's why i switched to it.

i used awesome and dwm before, xmonad put me off with its nest of dependencies.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post

trivial to setup, no hassle startup config, very easy to follow configuration. that's why i switched to it.

i used awesome and dwm before, xmonad put me off with its nest of dependencies.
                Yep, same experience. Love i3.
                Add constant development and great community too: https://github.com/i3/i3

Comment

Cool. It's finally time for me to mess around with Wayland.

Comment

This gives me hope, that someone might try the same thing for Openbox.

Comment

Working...
                    X