Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 0.21 Released, Still Working Towards Libinput 1.0

Phoronix: Libinput 0.21 Released, Still Working Towards Libinput 1.0

While Libinput 1.0 was planned to happen around versions 0.13~0.14 of this input handling project for X.Org and Wayland (and Mir coming up too), we're now up to version 0.21, but it looks like 1.0 is finally coming up soon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

inb4 Hurr durr muh pointer acceleration

Comment

Does pointer acceleration work?

It is the most important for me. Without it, its horrible to use a computer.
      I think it was fixed some releases ago?

Comment

I am convinced that libinput should somehow handle joysticks/gamepads. However, Libinput's author clearly stated that it was not going to happen unless a game developer asks for it.

Comment

uninstalled it until it has working (disabled) acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Does pointer acceleration work?

It is the most important for me. Without it, its horrible to use a computer.
            I think it was fixed some releases ago?

Works for me. It's implemented here:
            My fork of libinput for adding tablet support for GSoC 2014 - jigpu/libinput

Being able to turn it off is what people complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
              I am convinced that libinput should somehow handle joysticks/gamepads. However, Libinput's author clearly stated that it was not going to happen unless a game developer asks for it.
              Well, someone could make a library that tries to follow the conventions of libinput and call it libinput-game, or something, and try to make it similiar to libinput. Then it could be indenpendent for a while, and maybe in the future be merged.

Maybe it could be modeled after the W3C Gamepad API that is part of the HTML5 standard?

Comment

Working...
              X