GTK+ Finally Supports Minimizing Windows On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grege View Post
    The best part of Gnome 3 is the endless ways you can customise it using extensions. But even the built in options in Tweak Tool are fairly extensive.
    That's only true for Gnome Shell (and the reason why I like it) but the Gnome apps are getting worse and worse, eg. there's no way do disable that stupid headerbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
      Didn't notice that on F21..
      That's because it's most likely a libinput problem with certain devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        That's because it's most likely a libinput problem with certain devices.
        Could be... I use a desktop with standard USB keyboard and mouse, which I suspect is a pretty well-tested scenario...

Comment

GIMP as of now is staying on Gtk2, the SpaceFM project got so disgusted with Gtk3 constantly removing functionality or hiding it behind options they considered removing Gtk3 support. Assuming Gtk4 does not support icons in menus, etc, I am assuming that at some point either Gtk2 will have to be ported to Wayland or a community fork of Gtk3 with "deprecated" features returned to first-class status will be created. My guess is the MATE project could do either, or the LinuxMint devs maintain the Gtk3 fork just as they forked gnome-shell to become Cinnamon.
          And there is still the problem of "themes crash program".

Maybe I do not understand the meaning of "API", but I know there are many versions of GTK and QT . Why I should re-building program when each version ??
          Why there is not respect to binary compatibility ?? Who will porting programs not supported by the Gnome project .How i can run Windows95 programs on w7 "Proprietaryos" and can not do this on "opensourceOS".
          Philosophy break (support - versions) used by commercial companies for re-purchase .

Some future GTK-6 functions :
          Code:
          /*
           * This program is deprecated software; you can [B]try[/B] recompile it and/or google it under the bug of the GNU General Public License as published 
           * You will find many tutorial but we believe it is an old .You may see many mistakes but make sure is it from us or the problem of (libc_5-*2&98?3-~~154rev-99)         
           *and/or/Maybe/possibly/not/by  (libc_5-*2&98?3-~~153rev-99) 
           */

deprecated *deprecated(Missing,deprecated); 
          def *deprecated(deprecated); 
          def gtk6_Weather_widget ();
          def gtk6_notes_widget ();
          If you want your program to survive. Built it on the Windows platform and use WINE.
          Sorry for bad English.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
            GIMP as of now is staying on Gtk2, the SpaceFM project got so disgusted with Gtk3 constantly removing functionality or hiding it behind options they considered removing Gtk3 support. Assuming Gtk4 does not support icons in menus, etc, I am assuming that at some point either Gtk2 will have to be ported to Wayland or a community fork of Gtk3 with "deprecated" features returned to first-class status will be created.
            GIMP is fully ported to GTK3 for several years, since around 2011. https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/log/?h=gtk3-port (the dates show in overview are recent because branch has been rebased). Ex: https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/co...e6f04dff18dee4
            The reason GIMP with GTK+3 has not been released is that the GTK+ API is exposed in the GIMP plugin APIs, and API breaks are not allowed before major update (GIMP 3.0). Which depends on getting GIMP 2.8 out, which has proved slow due too low manpower.

MyPaint 1.2, the first one to use GTK+3 is also not out yet for similar reasons, even if fully ported in 2013. https://gitorious.org/mypaint/mypain...98324f3f4b89ce

So nothing to with GTK+3 being worse or better than GTK+2. Similar situations happened with Qt3->Qt4 as well.

Comment

The best part of Gnome 3 is the endless ways you can customise it using extensions. But even the built in options in Tweak Tool are fairly extensive.
              Can you suggest an extension to enable Compact View and Dual Pane in Nautilus? Thanks.
              Oh, and GNOME Terminal transparency would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                Can you suggest an extension to enable Compact View and Dual Pane in Nautilus? Thanks.
                Oh, and GNOME Terminal transparency would be cool.
                You are not being serious but you can always install Nemo and viola back in old time Nautilus.

I dislike terminal transparency with a passion.

Comment

You are not being serious but you can always install Nemo and viola back in old time Nautilus.

I dislike terminal transparency with a passion.
                  If GNOME3 forks are customizable why can't I customize GNOME3? I could in the past =/

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
                    Could be... I use a desktop with standard USB keyboard and mouse, which I suspect is a pretty well-tested scenario...
                    I've read somewhere that some mice do not correctly report their DPI and that the PC side has to override the info certain devices' send, i.e. maintain a blacklist. Therefore it's not about using mice in general but which mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                      I've read somewhere that some mice do not correctly report their DPI and that the PC side has to override the info certain devices' send, i.e. maintain a blacklist. Therefore it's not about using mice in general but which mouse.
                      That is handy info, I must try a different mouse. I currently use a Logitech wireless mouse.

Comment

Working...
                      X