Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 0.7 Gets Closer To Parity With X Input Stack

Phoronix: Libinput 0.7 Gets Closer To Parity With X Input Stack

Libinput 0.7 is now available and this input library used by Wayland and other environments is nearly at feature parity to the current X Server based input stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So when _will_ it be at feature parity? 2015? 2016?

Comment

Can I turn off mouse acceleration in Wayland now? It prevents me from using it and reporting bugs, which slows down whole development

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        So when _will_ it be at feature parity? 2015? 2016?
        If it is anything like the rest of Wayland: Never. They will just claim the missing feature are out of scope and something someone else should do, and wonder why no one are using them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          If it is anything like the rest of Wayland: Never. They will just claim the missing feature are out of scope and something someone else should do, and wonder why no one are using them yet.
          2012 called. It wants its tired old FUD back.

Comment

libinput - a common input stack for Wayland compositors and X.Org drivers -- Peter Hutterer

If you have questions, read the comments first--there are already some good ones in there, and some good responses. If you just want to troll, well, I'm not interested. I don't plan on responding either way, since I don't know much about XI/2 or libinput (other than what's written in the linked article and maybe some other random facts), but I'm sure someone will oblige.

Comment

Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post
              2012 called. It wants its tired old FUD back.
              In all fairness, though, I am quite worried about libinput. One of the stated design goals was to factor out a lot of the bugs by "using sane defaults to prune back the combinatorial explosion of config options" (paraphrase).

As much as I love the idea of things like "Games can't trash your desktop stickies because they have no access to the privileged 'change the resolution indefinitely' API", I was a satisfied KDE user before 4.x eventually drove me to LXDE and, until recently, when PulseAudio drove the QA on the default asound.conf too low, I was running a pure ALSA setup because PA just didn't do anything I needed for that extra 4-10% extra CPU load.

When I think libinput, I have visions of being forced back to something similar to my Gentoo days by my need to patch libinput to stand firm on how I expect my input devices to behave.

Comment

Working...
              X