• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paintbynumbers View Post
    Are you using the open-source drivers?
    Yes, open-source drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by drago01 View Post
      This is not the case. The reason for that is that games under wayland run composited (no matter whether there are running native or using xwayland). The performance "overhead" of xwayland is pretty much non existent. On X we do unredirect games so they do run uncompisted means that they run faster.

I do have patches for mutter to do the same on wayland (weston already does this btw.) but they didn't get finished in time for 3.14.
      I really hate it to read things like that, I hope they'll implement those patched as a 3.14.x update instead of 3.16.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
        I posted a patch on the mesa mailing list a few months ago to enable the EGL_KHR_create_context extension in the gallium drivers, but nobody was interested in reviewing it. This also allows the client to create core contexts as the default seems to be to create a 3.0 compatibility context.

SDL 2.0.4 also has a patch that enables the usage of this extension when EGL is used.
        Thank you. The discussion and his patches are here. While this extension isn't important for desktop environments (they use OpenGL ES 2, AFAIK, so they don't need to specify a minor version number or flags), other applications (e.g. games) could need it. Its absence could delay EGL (and Wayland) adoption, as explained in one of the messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
          I posted a patch on the mesa mailing list a few months ago to enable the EGL_KHR_create_context extension in the gallium drivers, but nobody was interested in reviewing it. This also allows the client to create core contexts as the default seems to be to create a 3.0 compatibility context.

SDL 2.0.4 also has a patch that enables the usage of this extension when EGL is used.
          Feel free to ping the list again. Sometimes things fall through the cracks.

Comment

Working...
          X