X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balouba
    replied
    Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
    Are you volunteering to do the work required to implement PPAPI support in Firefox? Because I understand that's pretty much the sticking point - nobody is interested in performing a substantial amount of work to support a single plugin which nobody at Mozilla has much love for (go figure, the open-web advocates don't like Flash).
    plus ppapi really is a subset of nacl

Leave a comment:

• Delgarde
    replied
    Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
    Couldn't FF technically just adopt the PPAPI plugin from Chrome and call it a day ?
    Are you volunteering to do the work required to implement PPAPI support in Firefox? Because I understand that's pretty much the sticking point - nobody is interested in performing a substantial amount of work to support a single plugin which nobody at Mozilla has much love for (go figure, the open-web advocates don't like Flash).

Leave a comment:

• CTown
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Oliver View Post
    I'd like to get on to Wayland fairly early on and start coding for it. I can ditch Firefox if I need to. I'll switch from KDE to Gnome if I have to, although I'd be sad to give up Dolphin, but I do need Eclipse and the JVM.
    This article is about KWin, the Window Manager. Many KDE apps already work on Weston: http://vizzzion.org/blog/2014/07/pla...ad-to-wayland/

So, if you wanted you can use Dolphin on Gnome 3 on Wayland.
    Last edited by CTown; 25 August 2014, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Oliver
    replied
    I'd like to get on to Wayland fairly early on and start coding for it. I can ditch Firefox if I need to. I'll switch from KDE to Gnome if I have to, although I'd be sad to give up Dolphin, but I do need Eclipse and the JVM.

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
    Couldn't FF technically just adopt the PPAPI plugin from Chrome and call it a day ?
    Yeah but then they'd have to be working with Google to make the web better as opposed to holding onto their NIH attitude towards anything that's not Javascript.

Leave a comment:

• kenjitamura
    replied
    Does this mean they fixed the memory leak or whatever it was that was wrong with KWin? When I was last looking into KDE 5 last week it came to my attention that the new KDE 5 is a resource hog and the developers had isolated the problem being in KWin.

Leave a comment:

• nerdopolis
    replied
    Originally posted by zanny View Post
    Rekonq will probably have a KDE5 build by the time Kwin 5.1 comes out.
    Rekonq already has a working kde5 port. i have some issues with URL loading, but it could be a configuration issue...

Leave a comment:

• bakgwailo
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    Fuck flash with AIDS, Syphilis Herpes and all the other STDs.

Holding FF back because of this monstrosity saddens me.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Fuck flash with AIDS, Syphilis Herpes and all the other STDs.

Holding FF back because of this monstrosity saddens me.

Leave a comment:

• Akka
    replied
    Originally posted by zanny View Post
    Rekonq will probably have a KDE5 build by the time Kwin 5.1 comes out.
    Is flash working in wayland in rekong. I thought flash npapi used gtk2?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X