X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mannerov
    replied
    Without benchmarks I can predict the results:

Gnome doesn't bypass compositing yet for fullscreen app, thus decreasing performance because of the copy done by compositing.
    Present support is not merged for XWayland, thus it uses the Present fallback, which caps the number of copies it does to 60 per seconds (in contrary to dri2 with vblank_mode=0).

Thus the result is: slower for slow apps ( < 60 fps), faster for fast apps (> 60 fps), if we compare to a desktop bypassing compositing, and using dri2.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Benchmark?

Exciting!

I wish to see a Wayland vs XWayland vs X.org benchmark.

Leave a comment:

• Weegee
    replied
    Could it be possible that nvidia releases a Wayland-compatible version of their closed source driver in conjunction with the XServer 1.16 release? If I remember correctly there was a discussion about XWayland compatibility and their driver on a mailing list a few weeks ago, I might be wrong though.

Or is XWayland support not necessary to be compatible with the 1.16 release?

Leave a comment:

• drago01
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    Is anything special needed to make use of GLAMOR for Xwayland like further patches to mutter?
    You need mesa 10.2 and mutter 3.13.x ... 3.12 does not work with the "new" (ddx less) xwayland.

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    Is anything special needed to make use of GLAMOR for Xwayland like further patches to mutter? I have built Xwayland from Kristians own Xorg branch a month ago, which already had these changes as far as I know, but in Gnome 3.12 it was still using llvmpipe for Xwayland. The mutter build I'm using is a bit old though. It's the snapshot right after Xwayland DDX support was added since the newest version of mutter don't work with the rest of Gnome 3.12.

Leave a comment:

• XWayland GLAMOR & DRI3 Support Added In Mainline X.Org Server

Phoronix: XWayland GLAMOR & DRI3 Support Added In Mainline X.Org Server

A commit to the X.Org Server code-base tonight added GLAMOR and DRI3 support for XWayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X