Alt-Tab Will Return To Wayland's Weston 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimize

While they're at it, maybe they could add minimize support too?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
      I'm not on the Razor-Qt mailing list but, from what I could see in the cross-posts on the LXDE mailing list, I got the impression they're probably going to focus first on the merged LXDE/Razor-Qt successor (currently being referred to as LXQt) while they wait to see if the KDE 5 version of KWin has a clean enough dependency separation and is light enough to serve LXQt's goals.
      Isn't Openbox or Fluxbox ported yet to Wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
        (currently being referred to as LXQt)
        No matter how many times I've read the name of their merged project it just can't stick to mind, always refer to it as Razor-qt since I never really bothered with the previous attempt.

Comment

Super serious question here; Why cant ANY os do the ALT-TAB 'thingy' properly. Yes, big graphics hoopla. How far up and down the stack do the OGL ALT-TAB shenanigans go, though.

And DX if you feel like answering.

ALT-TABability-like functionality is my thing. I live by it. Work, games, things nerds watch to ....test VLC with. I like RAM. It's cheap and it does heaps of shit. I get upset when shit doesn't comply.
          Hi

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            Mir is designed for phones
            Yeah. Except that those phones using Mir exist only in Mark's imagination. So Mir is about to crash land in desktop Ubuntu and burn what's left of its userland.

Comment

Oh wow, a desktop system where you can't alt+tab. I'm impressed :-P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                So, now Weston is a "desktop system"?
                I can't image how thousand of end users can work on their "Weston desktop system" without Alt+Tab... oh, wait, maybe is just a compositor implementation of the Wayland's protocol, written for development, where Alt+Tab is a so critical feature that can wait the next release cycle without nobody care less.
                :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
                  Isn't Openbox or Fluxbox ported yet to Wayland?
                  I doubt they will ever be. They are getting a small commit every two or three months, since at least two years.

Originally posted by Temlar View Post
                  Btw. Weston is best implementation of Wayland protocol we have sofar
                  Best, regarding what? It's pretty subjective what weighs the most here. Orbital is probably far better, although I haven't used either.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    Well, we had a display server which relied on X.org to do everything, and it almost did it into production.

See, we can troll, too, yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Kostas View Post
                      No matter how many times I've read the name of their merged project it just can't stick to mind, always refer to it as Razor-qt since I never really bothered with the previous attempt.
                      You're not the only person who would prefer someone else but the current attitude is "Discussing the name can wait until we've recovered from the holiday productivity slump and have something solid to attach the name to."

My suggestion, coming from the LXDE side, was LQDE (Lightweight Qt Desktop Environment) since it's descriptive, familiar to existing LXDE users, and acknowledges the new direction (Qt-based, not planning to die out when X11 gives way to Wayland).

Comment

Working...
                      X