Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alt-Tab Will Return To Wayland's Weston 1.5

Phoronix: Alt-Tab Will Return To Wayland's Weston 1.5

Alt-tab support was removed from Wayland's Weston compositor last week, but it's set to reappear in the Wayland/Weston 1.5 release in a few months time. New alt-tab code has already been proposed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Alt-Tab, eh. Some pretty fancy shit they're working on. Perhaps they should shoot the Ubuntu guys an email and ask how it's done in Mir.

You can start now.

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
      Alt-Tab, eh. Some pretty fancy shit they're working on. Perhaps they should shoot the Ubuntu guys an email and ask how it's done in Mir.
      As I understand it Mir is completely irrelevant to this since Weston is only a reference compositor for Wayland and not something intended for end-users. Most other compositors already implement their own alt+tab support. But I guess you know this already and are just trying to troll.

Comment

You can start now.
        Ummm.... no.

Remember friends, don't feed the trolls. Also, you can block posts from them in your account options.
        -------------------

Ok, back on topic, its nice that the reference compositor now has alt-tab implemented. But I'm more curious in Razor-qt, XFCE, and KDE's progress in implementing Wayland support.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
          Ummm.... no.

Remember friends, don't feed the trolls. Also, you can block posts from them in your account options.
          -------------------

Ok, back on topic, its nice that the reference compositor now has alt-tab implemented. But I'm more curious in Razor-qt, XFCE, and KDE's progress in implementing Wayland support.
          I'm not on the Razor-Qt mailing list but, from what I could see in the cross-posts on the LXDE mailing list, I got the impression they're probably going to focus first on the merged LXDE/Razor-Qt successor (currently being referred to as LXQt) while they wait to see if the KDE 5 version of KWin has a clean enough dependency separation and is light enough to serve LXQt's goals.

Comment

Nobody gives a damn whether some demo compositor can Alt - Tab or not...

Comment

You can start now.
              wait what Mir can't alt Tab???

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
                wait what Mir can't alt Tab???
                Mir is designed for phones, so no it probably can't.

Comment

Sigh.... Neither Mir nor wayland do alt-tab. The compositor that runs on top of X, mir, or wayland handles alt tabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                    Nobody gives a damn whether some demo compositor can Alt - Tab or not...
                    Well, I do. I think that Weston is great, not just as reference compositor, but lightweight wm/de, something like Razor-Qt or LXDE.
                    I think Weston is great just because they made it as simple as they could, and maybe it will be usable as wm/de.

Btw. Weston is best implementation of Wayland protocol we have sofar

Comment

Working...
                    X