Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wayland Live CD Has A Lot Of Features

Phoronix: New Wayland Live CD Has A Lot Of Features

The oddly-named Wayland Live CD environment for checking out the next-generation Linux display stack has been updated. The Wayland Live CD ships with many enabled tool-kits, the latest Wayland code, Orbital and Hawaii support, KDE Frameworks Wayland programs, and other new native Wayland applications...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yay! for Rebecca Black then!

Comment

Originally posted by panda84 View Post
      Yay! for Rebecca Black then!
      I object to the fact that this article was released on Thursday, which comes before Friday, and not on Friday.

Comment

GNOME SHell
        I see what you did there, Michael.

Comment

When I do "apt-cache policy libwayland-dev" it shows version 1.1, I wonder why (should be 1.3 or git).

Other than that, works better than in the past, I actually managed to play an .avi file and rotate it 90 degrees (something X11 can't do afaik).

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
            When I do "apt-cache policy libwayland-dev" it shows version 1.1, I wonder why (should be 1.3 or git).

Other than that, works better than in the past, I actually managed to play an .avi file and rotate it 90 degrees (something X11 can't do afaik).
            Wayland 1.3 is in /opt and is provided by the package 'wayland-rbos'

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
              Too late, too late. Rebecca OS is a POS. Ubuntu is already here and works. Mir is the only way. It will work on everything.
              Everybody knows in the forums who the POS is. No need for you to make it even more obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                Too late, too late. Rebecca OS is a POS. Ubuntu is already here and works. Mir is the only way. It will work on everything.
                Except for anything that is not Ubuntu.

And do you really feel threatened by Rebecca Black OS?

Comment

OMG, where are the screenshots and videos?!?! I want to see E19!

Comment

Yeay Wayland.
                    Booo name
                    Enjoy Stephen Colbert and others make fun of the song Friday

Comment

Working...
                    X