• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
    If you say so ...
    I see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
      Legendary Canonical is closing in for the kill. Wayland stands no chance. Canonical is simply moving way to fast for the bedroom amateurs. Ubuntu being the only usable Linux distro, application makers would better make sure they're stuff works well on Mir. Focusing on making it work on Wayland is self destruction from them. But then again, FOSS people always seem hellbent on creating and destroying so they are forever at 1%. Anything more and they equate it with selling out....
      Classic BO$$. Waiting to see how many people will fall for his trolling again. I put the over/under at 3.

Comment

Ubuntu being the only usable Linux distro, application makers would better make sure they're stuff works well on Mir. Focusing on making it work on Wayland is self destruction from them.
        Nonsense. Application developers code against frameworks like GTK, Qt, EFL. They couldn't care less which display server is in use. You as a self proclaimed expert should know that, if you really don't then this post shows nothing but you not knowing what you are talking about.

Comment

What if Qt won't work on Mir?
          Seeing as how Canonical is writing their apps in Qt, I think it's pretty safe to assume they will.

Even if it means Ubuntu will come with a version of Qt they've patched to run on Mir.

Comment

I wish I was trolling. It's just the horrible truth. If Ubuntu dies since it's not supported by the community, Linux dies on the desktop. At this point the tehnical merits of Wayland and Mir don't even count. Mir is on Ubuntu which is the most popular so people need to support it. It's that simple. Not supporting it means suicide. If everybody commits suicide then Ubuntu dies also. Then Linux dies.
            LOL.

Legendary Canonical
            Wayland stands no chance
            bedroom amateurs
            Yeah, no trolling there. You're all just plain hard facts with no embellishment at all.

Comment

What if Qt won't work on Mir?
              But I thought everything magically worked on Mir, and only Wayland had problems. Isn't that what you've been telling us for months?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                Light on features don't imply lightweight to operate.
                It depends on the given implementation.
                [?]
                If you say so ...
                Do I have to spell out Borat references these days?

Comment

Version 0.1.1? Well that sounds...encouraging.

Comment

Every article of Mir here reminds me of this article here:

The next major transition for Unity will be to deliver it on Wayland, the OpenGL-based display management system. We?d like to embrace Wayland early, as much of the work we?re doing on uTouch and other input systems will be relevant for Wayland and it?s an area we can make a useful contribution to the project.

We?re confident we?ll be able to retain the ability to run X applications in a compatibility mode, so this is not a transition that needs to reset the world of desktop free software. Nor is it a transition everyone needs to make at the same time: for the same reason we?ll keep investing in the 2D experience on Ubuntu despite also believing that Unity, with all its GL dependencies, is the best interface for the desktop. We?ll help GNOME and KDE with the transition, there?s no reason for them not to be there on day one either.

Comment

I can't make a decision if are more funny the Bo$$'s opinion or the Mark's ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X