Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Gets UBO/TBO Support, OpenGL 3.3

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Gets UBO/TBO Support, OpenGL 3.3

Just ahead of the code branching of the Mesa 10.0 release this week, Marek Ol??k has committed a number of improvements to the open-source RadeonSI Gallium3D graphics driver for providing open-source to the Radeon HD 7000 series GPUs and newer on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Errata: there's no OpenGL 3.3 support for RadeonSI; there's no GLSL 1.50. RadeonSI has reached feature parity with r600g, however.

Comment

Notably missing geometry shaders:

Geometry shaders DONE (i965)

That means GL 3.1.

Comment

Something changed in the prettystacktrace function of the latest LLVM git and look like MESA can't use that function anymore.

Commenting out the line #182 of src/gallium/auxiliary/gallivm/lp_bld_misc.cpp fix the compilation issue but a proper fix should be made...

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TAHITI
        OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-4e0ed59)
        OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40

Comment

Thank you Marek! This was totally unexpected, I thought it would take months to reach feature parity with r600g. Thank you!!!! OpenGL 3.3 is near!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
            Something changed in the prettystacktrace function of the latest LLVM git and look like MESA can't use that function anymore.

Commenting out the line #182 of src/gallium/auxiliary/gallivm/lp_bld_misc.cpp fix the compilation issue but a proper fix should be made...

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TAHITI
            OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-4e0ed59)
            OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
            Yeah, there's a patch on the mesa-dev mailing list to fix that as of this morning... just hasn't been merged yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
              Yeah, there's a patch on the mesa-dev mailing list to fix that as of this morning... just hasn't been merged yet.
              Good to know, was running into that very same issue, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
                RadeonSI has reached feature parity with r600g, however.
                Alright, I'm sold. As soon as all components have an official release, I'm ordering the new card.

Thank you AMD!

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
                  Thank you Marek! This was totally unexpected, I thought it would take months to reach feature parity with r600g. Thank you!!!! OpenGL 3.3 is near!!!
                  Well, HyperZ is still missing, but it's great that this landed in time for Mesa 10.

With some luck, 10.1 will have OpenGL 3.3 support for AMD across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
                    Alright, I'm sold. As soon as all components have an official release, I'm ordering the new card.

Thank you AMD!
                    Feature parity =/= efficiency parity. Everything could be looking correctly graphics wise while still running at 30% of the binary blob's speed. Don't get your hopes up yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X