No announcement yet.

Wayland 1.3 Release Candidate 2 Arrives For Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relax people. The MIT licence is probably so Wayland can replace X11 everywhere, including BSDs. I agree that asymmetrical licensing is wrong, but I also agree that Qt is an exception because of the "will become BSD licensed" workaround. Can't we just be happy that the abomination known as X will soon disappear?

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
      Relax people. The MIT licence is probably so Wayland can replace X11 everywhere, including BSDs. I agree that asymmetrical licensing is wrong, but I also agree that Qt is an exception because of the "will become BSD licensed" workaround. Can't we just be happy that the abomination known as X will soon disappear?
      Wayland should use LGPL license. BSDs don't matter. X works well for me. Wayland still seems to be crap.
      Last edited by JS987; 03 October 2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
        Wayland should use LGPL license. BSDs don't matter. X works well for me. Wayland still seems to be crap.
        BSDs matter to some people. Wayland isn't crap, it's a clean-up of the graphics stack. I don't need to repeat all the tonnes of evidence regarding that, that've already been posted on the web. X works well for a few, maybe quite a few. But Wayland will work better for everyone. Including those that want the network capability.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          I dislike Canonical and hate Mir, all for wayland, but apparently I'll use Ubuntu & Mir cause I find Unity a lot better thought out than Gnome 3 and desktop Fedora, despite Fedora probably being technically superior, which is why Fedora sucks to me as a desktop solution but is good for servers. So I'm not ideological, I go for what's easiest and sucks less out of the box. If Fedora makes a redesign of Gnome 3 to the better I'll switch over.
          Fedora is for developers hackers IT also a preview for RHEL etc and can be used for a day to day desktop it has only free packages in it standard repos and this is why most users don't like it you have to add you own non free packages just like debian also Fedora has many desktops MATE KDE GNOME XFCE so you don't just have to pick one and have you tryed gnome 3.10 its way better then 3.6 or 3.8

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
            Mir is a desktop technology that pushes forward the linux desktop and ushers it into a new era. Mir is developed by Canonical, arguably the best Linux technology OS company in the world. Canonical develops Ubuntu, the best and most popular version of Linux. They are basically the Microsoft of Linux, dominating the field. If you haven't tried Ubuntu, you should, as it eclipses all other Linux distros that may have left a bad taste in your mouth due to them being to difficult to use. Canonical really likes to push technology forward as one of the most innovative companies in the world when it comes to operating systems and they have shown that outstanding vision combined with excellent execution is the way to go in the 21 century when it comes to IT. There really are only 3 companies that make operating systems: Microsoft, Apple and now Canonical. And Canonical is ascending fast to become a real pretender to the throne!
            And where, in all of that, do you rank Google, developers of the Android and Chromium OS / Chrome OS operating systems?

Comment

Why do you even quote that brain washed retard?

Comment

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
                Why do you even quote that brain washed retard?
                Because I am interested in his answer.

Comment

Working...
                X