X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MartinN
    replied
    Originally posted by johnc View Post
    Microsoft would buy out Intel before they let that happen. Look at how they purchased Nokia once they found out they were working on an Android phone.
    That would be a tall order, but anything's possible.... first I hear of that Nokia/Android work .

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinN View Post
    Intel could buy RedHat and become a major Linux (services/consulting) player. Given their common interest in Wayland, they could ramp up both - coding and marketing effort to a point where Canonical would be put out of existence....
    Microsoft would buy out Intel before they let that happen. Look at how they purchased Nokia once they found out they were working on an Android phone.

Leave a comment:

• MartinN
    replied
    Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
    And why exactly would you want Canonical to be out of existence? I'm not the biggest fan of Windows, but I don't go around wishing utter destruction of Microsoft... I just go use something else
    Just speculating in a different manner than BO$$... that's all. I don't wish Canonical anything except a return to the light - Wayland.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by MartinN View Post
    Intel could buy RedHat and become a major Linux (services/consulting) player. Given their common interest in Wayland, they could ramp up both - coding and marketing effort to a point where Canonical would be put out of existence....
    And why exactly would you want Canonical to be out of existence? I'm not the biggest fan of Windows, but I don't go around wishing utter destruction of Microsoft... I just go use something else

Leave a comment:

• MartinN
    replied
    Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    Microsoft, Apple and Canonical, the new holy trinity.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    How come a thread on Wayland comes and goes un-trolled and on topic, but every Ubuntu/Mir/Unity thread gets derailed and trolled within minutes?
    Because people have nothing better to do it seems besides bash something.

I came here to hear about the discussion of the Mir visual glitch workaround, not some (imo) fail opinions of something totally unrelated.

Leave a comment:

• Maudit
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
    CLA can take away all of the freedoms from the users. That is why GPL alone is great. What it does is foster a free (as a beer) environment for Canonical. CLA is deleterious for those who are into FOSS for the freedom and at the same time is good for Canonical to transform third party GPL code in closed source software and to do it in a non reciprocal manner without any obligation in regard of FOSS developers.
    Fixed

blablabla
    blablabla
    blablabla
    blablabla

Leave a comment:

• dh04000
    replied
    How come a thread on Wayland comes and goes un-trolled and on topic, but every Ubuntu/Mir/Unity thread gets derailed and trolled within minutes?

Leave a comment:

• zoomblab
    replied
    Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post
    CLA... Canonical is not the FSF.
    CLA can't take away any of the freedoms from the users. That is why GPL is great. What it does is foster a safer environment for the principal developer. CLA is irrelevant for those who are into FOSS for the freedom and at the same time is good for business.

Leave a comment:

• r_a_trip
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
    Agree. Thankfully all Canonical products are GPL and that guarantees that they will always be free.
    CLA... Canonical is not the FSF.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X