No announcement yet.

Fedora 20 Moves Ahead With Wayland Tech Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, on behalf of everyone sensible who advocates for Wayland and thinks Mir is a bad idea,

please stop helping.

Comment

red hat and other

this guys give up from desktop, now only gives bad distros with the name fedora, no one with brains use fedora, nothing works well

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        Blatant troll. Welcome to the ignorelist.
        He's not trolling. I'm using Fedora 19 right now and the installer is extremely fragile and unintuitive while NetworkManager can't be made to do anything beyond DHCP and WiFi. I even had issues with the static ip, the WPA Hotspot and the firewall...

Nevertheless, Fedora 20 sounds extremely promising. Especially installing connman and E17

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post
          He's not trolling. I'm using Fedora 19 right now and the installer is extremely fragile and unintuitive while NetworkManager can't be made to do anything beyond DHCP and WiFi. I even had issues with the static ip, the WPA Hotspot and the firewall...

Nevertheless, Fedora 20 sounds extremely promising. Especially installing connman and E17
          He's trolling, or at minimum flamebaiting, if he blatantly says "This sucks." And nothing else (Read some of his other recent posts theyre all flamebait waiting to catch fire).

Installer fragile? Yes, granted. Better than in 18 though, and 20 I heard is supposed to have a few more changes to tweak it a bit. (Personally I wish they would've adopted Ubuntu's ubiquity and just modified it to suit their purposes... Installer is one thing Ubuntu got really right)

Network Manager... Not sure about your issues with static IP and the WPA hotspot (mine work fine, maybe some weird hardware incompatibility?) Firewall..I honestly dont even turn it on so I can't comment. If you were talking about bridging and more Virtual Machine stuff like that, thats all coming in Fedora 20. Upstream NM didn't have support for it before, now they do.

Fedora 20 is gonna niiiiiiiiice. KDE 4.11, Kernel 3.11, Gnome 3.10, Wayland, and E17... Just...Yes XD
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
            <stupid bullshit>
            Speaking of people who have nothing to say that blather on endlessly...

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
              Dear Shuttleworth + other contributor agreement lovers,

F U!

Best regards
              Intel+Redhat-Gnome+free communities
              Isn?t that a little paradoxical since Red Hat have used CLAs before?

Comment

Originally posted by danielnez1 View Post
                Isn?t that a little paradoxical since Red Hat have used CLAs before?
                not in the same way at all and if they did i be saying the same for them

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  Installer fragile? Yes, granted. Better than in 18 though, and 20 I heard is supposed to have a few more changes to tweak it a bit. (Personally I wish they would've adopted Ubuntu's ubiquity and just modified it to suit their purposes... Installer is one thing Ubuntu got really right)
                  Remember designing a very good installer is extremely challenging it takes time to mature, same thing happened with Ubuntu Ubiquity in its early days. The Hub layout used by Fedora Installer is already a win making it less linear without having to get back several step.
                  Because of its flexibility due to its much larger audience from consumer to enterprise marketing, Ubiquity will not be enough because it is too basic.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
                    Remember designing a very good installer is extremely challenging it takes time to mature, same thing happened with Ubuntu Ubiquity in its early days. The Hub layout used by Fedora Installer is already a win making it less linear without having to get back several step.
                    Because of its flexibility due to its much larger audience from consumer to enterprise marketing, Ubiquity will not be enough because it is too basic.
                    Fedora is mosty for IT guys and Developers any ways

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                      Fedora is mosty for IT guys and Developers any ways
                      I wouldn't go that far... Fedora + EasyLife is a great way to handle a user friendly linux distro. More recent packages than OpenSUSE and Ubuntu. More polish than Arch. Good middle ground honestly.
                      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X