Clear All

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    No, I'm not. I'm implying that:
    <YourSuperLongTagNameGoesHere>MyValue</YourSuperLongTagNameGoesHere>
    Could be replaced with:
    <YourSuperLongTagNameGoesHere>MyValue</>
    Of course, INI-style is even faster and easier to read than even that:
    YourSuperLongTagNameGoesHere="MyValue"
    Just that it doesn't nest all that nicely. Which could be solved by using { } to delimit nesting, but then we'd have something similar to JSON anyway.
    I see what you mean. I think however all this would do is hurt the readability in the end.

Comment

• Well the task was to get rid of the closing tag :P

Is it simple key/value data and you have no interest in content types or validating the content? -> INI
      Is it simple data and single line, where you don't need to validate something? -> XML + data in attributes
      Do you need to validate (xsd!) the data, or have complex types where you need to extend them sometimes? -> XML + data in elements

What most people forget when they complain about XML is the important part: The X (as in eXtensible)! If you do it the right way (using namespaces) it's much more powerful than jason or ini files.
      And I like that the end tag is repeated, because you can detect the end-tag more easily if the indention is wrong.

Sooo now that we totally went off-topic:
      Systemd is bigger than jesus!

Comment

• Originally posted by droste View Post
        Sooo now that we totally went off-topic:
        Systemd is bigger than jesus!
        Well, it is a fairly big umbrella, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by curaga View Post
          Hey, could someone explain why it's an either-or situation between consolekit and logind? Why is "neither" not an option for Gnome for people with single-seat systems?
          Because then you have *three* code paths to worry about. Picking "neither" isn't just not using the other two - it's a third choice, requiring code to be written to support it. And so far, nobody cared enough for that option to write the code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
            Because then you have *three* code paths to worry about. Picking "neither" isn't just not using the other two - it's a third choice, requiring code to be written to support it. And so far, nobody cared enough for that option to write the code.
            As I pointed out, the "neither" code already existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by curaga View Post
              As I pointed out, the "neither" code already existed.
              And, assuming such code wasn't reaped, it's bit rotten, for already explained reasons, since devs were more interested in code dependent on either ConsoleKit or logind.

Comment

Working...
              X