XMir Has A Big Security Problem With VT Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    GASP! Alpha quality code has bugs in it?
    I hope Mir is past Alpha stage, considering it's to be released in only 8 weeks to the wider public?

Comment

Would it make you happy if I called it beta software? Fine, I'll edit my post to reflect that. Beta software has bugs too.

EDIT: Apparently I can't edit a post twice here? That's annoying.

Comment

Silly consumers, you're not supposed to use that arcane thing called terminal. You're supposed to conduct all your computing needs through Mir and Unity System Compositor.

What's dat, multiple users or multi-seat? Didn't you hear, the future is convergence and personal devices only.

Comment

Comment

There is no problem. They have top men working on it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Didn't you hear, the future is convergence and personal devices only.
              The future ? It's been like that since 1985 XD

Comment

"Wayland .. exposes privileged sections like the shell integration that we planned to handle differently, both for security reasons and as we wanted to decouple the way the shell works on top of the display server from the application-facing protocol”

Canonical FUD reason that has been totally debunked later, explaining why they'll rather make their own display server.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                  "Wayland .. exposes privileged sections like the shell integration that we planned to handle differently, both for security reasons and as we wanted to decouple the way the shell works on top of the display server from the application-facing protocol?

Canonical FUD reason that has been totally debunked later, explaining why they'll rather make their own display server.
                  "Security" is the same kind of buzzword in IT as "fight terrorism" in politics, just say that "it's for security" and it automatically invalidates all complains.

Comment

The bug is over a month old, and a fix is in progress. Michael forgot to talk about that. Seems like he has a very selective memory.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                      The bug is over a month old, and a fix is in progress. Michael forgot to talk about that. Seems like he has a very selective memory.

https://code.launchpad.net/~robertca...-notifications
                      Nobody cares if a security bug is being worked upon. What matters is that there is no fix after 6+ weeks. Meanwhile, XMir has been made standard for way more people.

Comment

Working...
                      X