Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Clickpad Support Comes To Wayland's Weston

Phoronix: Sony Clickpad Support Comes To Wayland's Weston

Patches were published today that add support to Wayland's Weston compositor for Sony Clickpad touchpads...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by BO$$
    Sony once again shows why they are losing money. Because they are making bad decisions. Mir is where it's at. Support Mir not Wayland. Such bad decisions always come with consequences.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Comment

Sony once again shows why they are losing money. Because they are making bad decisions. Mir is where it's at. Support Mir not Wayland. Such bad decisions always come with consequences.
      This is some really weak trolling, dude. The code didn't even come from Sony.

Comment

Good thing then. I almost thought Sony completely lost its mind to waste their time on Wayland.
        Poor BO$$. I guess It's hard to stay on the losing side. :-)

Comment

Wait, weren't you just trolling about how Windows is where it's at and all Linuxes are just toys for geeks? Can't you even maintain internal consistency within your own fanfiction?

On topic: it's good to see hardware support on Wayland improving. It's obvious that the future of the Linux desktop is Wayland, no matter what distractions certain corporate entities attempt to create.
          Last edited by dee.; 05 August 2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
            Wait, weren't you just trolling about how Windows is where it's at and all Linuxes are just toys for geeks? Can't you even maintain internal consistency within your own fanfiction?

On topic: it's good to see hardware support on Wayland improving. It's obvious that the future of the Linux desktop is Wayland, no matter what distractions certain corporate entities attempt to create.
            i seen a new video Youtube of Wayland running on a tablet using the Sailfish OS so you can say Hardware's is getting supported fast

Comment

Shouldn't this be something configurable anyway? I mean, maybe Sony touchpads have some sort of hardware or firmware implementation of virtual buttons on their touchpads, but I would think having some sort of generic "virtual-button" config under the touchpad/mouse menu in (for instance) gnome would be nice. That way, you wouldn't be limited to just left and right click, but could also do middle click, switch desktops/apps, or other common actions without having to press a key at the same time. Or, at the very least, you'd be able to adjust the size of the buttons so you don't accidentally touch them, or fail to touch them because the area is too small.

Sure, it'd be a novelty--not everyone has a touchpad with enough space to reserve for virtual buttons like this, but it's an idea.

Comment

Working...
              X