X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewi
    replied
    Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
    I haven't been able to find a correct GTK3 port of the Xfce Dusk theme (it just looks soooo much better in GTK2). That's also the reason I haven't upgraded many of my apps to use GTK3 instead of 2..
    It's not quite the same but have you seen DarkCold? It has a consistent GTK2 and GTK3 theme, as well as a nice XFWM theme. I'm seeing a slight menu glitch as of Fedora 19 but it's not a major problem and I'm sure the guy will have it resolved before too long.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
    I haven't been able to find a correct GTK3 port of the Xfce Dusk theme (it just looks soooo much better in GTK2).
    I love Xfce-dusk! GTK3 is okay for me (using Debian sid), but I still have issues with input boxes on Firefox/Iceweasel.

Leave a comment:

• LinuxGamer
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    My graphics drivers can be as open as they want. If they deliver shit performance I won't use them. I didn't pay a couple of hundret dollars for my graphics card to cripple them with lackluster drivers.

If AMD open drivers get as fast as on Windows, with no glitchiness I might buy an AMD card for Linux. Otherwise NVIDIA, all day.
    same here i use the Catalyst for AMD card's and the Proprietary Nvidia Drivers for my Nvidia card. Nvidia is doing a really good job so far it's AMD thats sucking

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    People, don't respond to spambots.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb6orah View Post
    The difficulties are for programs that use no toolkits at all and speak directly to X11
    And which programs would that be?

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    My graphics drivers can be as open as they want. If they deliver shit performance I won't use them.
    AMD's FOSS drivers do not have shit performance. Their performance is perfectly fine for all day to day operations people commonly do.

Considering that with recent updates the FOSS driver supports VDPAU while the proprietary driver does not, playing Flash videos should finally be rather smooth on FOSS drivers.
    I never saw YouTube videos play smoothly on AMD systems with proprietary drivers.

If AMD open drivers get as fast as on Windows, with no glitchiness I might buy an AMD card for Linux. Otherwise NVIDIA, all day.
    The question I answered was about AMD drivers and Wayland not which GPU you buy.

Leave a comment:

• Delgarde
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb6orah View Post
    The difficulties are for programs that use no toolkits at all and speak directly to X11, which have to be rewritten to speak the Wayland protocol instead.
    There aren't all that many these days that bypass toolkits entirely. The problem is more with programs that *do* use toolkits, but also link directly to X11 libraries because they need to do things not covered by the toolkits.

Leave a comment:

• Deb6orah
    replied
    The difficulties are for programs that use no toolkits at all and speak directly to X11, which have to be rewritten to speak the Wayland protocol instead.

Leave a comment:

• Delgarde
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewi View Post
    I'm not sure why it doesn't link against libGL.
    Most binaries use runtime linking (rather than build-time) for the GL libraries, so it won't show up when looking at what the binary is linked to. I'm not sure why that is... possibly a legal factor, owing to the licensing of the libGL implementation being variable (e.g could be Mesa, could be NVidia, etc).

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    The AMD Drivers was not for gamers any ways they was for Professional graphics cards
    if AMD ends up Dropping the Catalyst for reg users and go's Opensource this will kick ass you will see little hate towards AMD From Linux Users + we will get KMS no more Wait Time for Update's as it will be Developed at the same time as the Kernel Etc
    My graphics drivers can be as open as they want. If they deliver shit performance I won't use them. I didn't pay a couple of hundret dollars for my graphics card to cripple them with lackluster drivers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X