• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i Use Multi Seat's so i'm going to like this
    Multi-seat improvements with configuration support through udev properties

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
      And XWayland merged in XOrg. Without that, you're either stuck with an old X server or you can't run X programs.
      Ah right - it's supposed to be merged in x.org server 1.15 - right?

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
        The primary supported method to write apps for Ubuntu, Tizen and FirefoxOS is HTML5. I think Sailfish will be able to run apps for a wide range of platforms (Qt/native, MeeGo, Android and HTML5).
        Its Qt/QML for Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by UraniumDeer View Post
          Ah right - it's supposed to be merged in x.org server 1.15 - right?
          is it we can ask on the mailing list no?

Comment

Originally posted by UraniumDeer View Post
            Now we just need Qt5.2, Mesa 9.2 (forgot why), and well, I don't know if KWin will keep using the Qpainter compositor, that Martin made, but if so, and if KDE 4.12 is based on Qt5.2, then at least KWin in KDE 4.12 is pretty far by Jan/Feb next year, if I've understood everything correctly
            No, you didn't.

1.) There is no KDE 4.
            2.) No 4.x release of Software Compilation will be based on Qt 5.
            3.) SC 4.11 is the last release featuring Plasma Workspaces components, including KWin.
            4.) The Workspaces parts of SC 4.11 will be supported for 2 years, maybe longer.
            5.) Plasma Workspaces 2 will feature KWin 5.0.
            6.) KWin 5.0 will be the first KWin release fully supporting Wayland.
            7.) PW2 will be released sometime in 2014 but probably not as early as January or February.
            8.) Read Planet KDE to get correct news and you won't misunderstand it all any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
              Its Qt/QML for Ubuntu.
              The Ubuntu phone website describes HTML5 web apps as "first class citizens". Only further below QML is mentioned.
              Ubuntu is an open source software operating system that runs from the desktop, to the cloud, to all your internet connected things.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                6.) KWin 5.0 will be the first KWin release fully supporting Wayland.
                That is true, but doesn't preclude kwin shipped with KDE SC 4.11 from having initial support already.

Comment

The Ubuntu phone website describes HTML5 web apps as "first class citizens". Only further below QML is mentioned.
                  http://www.ubuntu.com/phone/app-ecosystem
                  That Vaporware is Nice
                  but on the other hand we do have Wayland Working and Shipping soon

Comment

The primary supported method to write apps for Ubuntu, Tizen and FirefoxOS is HTML5. I think Sailfish will be able to run apps for a wide range of platforms (Qt/native, MeeGo, Android and HTML5).
                    Actually QML and HTML5 are the official development platforms for Ubuntu Mobile, as with Jolla.
                    FirefoxOS is HTML5 only, however since the Mozilla Marketplace is cross platform it will probably have more success than other HTML5 platforms such as Tizen.
                    Tizen also suffers from an unclear development path and lack of official support for any native applications as EFL is no longer a supported framework.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                      I remember some of use guys having a discussion here on phoronix forums about system compositors and if we need them and if weston is such a compositor.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

This might clear things up.
                      Is logind going to be an integral part?
                      If so, won't this detrimentally effect the porting effort of Wayland to FreeBSD and essentially tie it to Linux?

Comment

Working...
                      X