X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darxus
    replied
    Originally posted by NaNaNa View Post
    Cairo has nothing, I repeat nothing whatsoever to do with Wayland. Stop trolling the community, ML.
    Weston, the reference implementation of wayland, has a direct build dependency on cairo. I'd call that much more of a relationship than "nothing whatsoever".

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    so maybe this segfault xwayland bug is more transcedental than a minimal patch to hack it fast and require for optimal use that keith merge the dri3000 branch or example.
    I never intended to imply I believed it was an easy problem to fix. But Vignatti did pull out an existing patch that krh applied which apparently fixed it.

I have been unable to reproduce the mesa problem recently, so I re-started my automated build testing. (And since caught a gobject-introspection make check problem: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=702505 )

The xwayland problem had a patch committed, which should fix it.

Cairo I think still hasn't committed a patch for their tests.

I tried running weston again. Every time I walk away from my computer and the screensaver kicks in, the display becomes unusable and I need to reboot (via alt-sysrq-r, ctrl-alt-del). The problem could be specific to radeon drivers. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65802

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by TAXI View Post
    Wait, when I do that I'm wrong but when duby229 states his "facts" it's okay? Did you ever think about the possibility that I might do that to hold a mirror into his face?

I'm not using it. I used it with another card in the past.

Why do you need them? Anyway, I'm affected by this, for example: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58667
    But again: Ranting wasn't what I wanted to do. Just holding duby229 a mirror into his face...

So the bug reports are imaginary and only what you tell is the truth?

So now we have legitimate imaginary bugs?

Where did I do that? I used the FOSS driver in the past, experienced the bugs, tried to get them fixed and cause that failed switched to catalyst. Now you're also changing my words. No need to talk to you any future, welcome to my ignore list.

I hate playing quoting games, so I'm not going to do it. I'm just going to respond to what you wrote.

Yes, I'm baised. Duh.. Obvious isnt it? I never made the claim that the OSS radeon drivers were complete. Only that for r600 class chips the driver works very well. Power management is really the last major building block that needs to be put in place. The sooner the better. The major infrastructure is done. Even Optimizations have been done. I have it running on a 2600 AGP, a 3850 PCIe, a 5830 PCIe, and a 6850 PCIe. It works flawlessly across these various chips. I personally haven't experienced any bugs to report for a while.

I apologize if I took what you wrote out of context. It seemed to me that you were using Catalyst as an excuse for not trying the newest OSS code. If that isn't what you were doing then, again I apologize.

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    Wait, when I do that I'm wrong but when duby229 states his "facts" it's okay? Did you ever think about the possibility that I might do that to hold a mirror into his face? I'm not using it. I used it with another card in the past.

Why do you need them? Anyway, I'm affected by this, for example: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58667
    But again: Ranting wasn't what I wanted to do. Just holding duby229 a mirror into his face...
    I use Radeon HD5850, X1900 and will use on Mobility HD3870. I had HyperZ bug, reported it and it was fixed.
    Duby229 might use GPU that is unaffected by your bug.

Thanks for providing bug nr! I will watch it. Please think about possibility to vote 20$ or more for fixing of this bug and ask on other popular forums for interested people with same chipset to unite and bunp the payment. If it doesn't matter what driver you run, then .. nothing will change anything...

Other possibilities I can think of is to ask Michael, I think Michael has access to Cayman hardware.
    Last edited by brosis; 16 June 2013, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• V10lator
    replied
    Originally posted by brosis View Post
    You reality doesn't necessary have to be reality of everyone.
    Wait, when I do that I'm wrong but when duby229 states his "facts" it's okay? Did you ever think about the possibility that I might do that to hold a mirror into his face?
    What is the bug affecting you and why do you keep using FOSS driver if it crashes for you hourly; I doubt you are some kind of a masochist,..
    I'm not using it. I used it with another card in the past.
    Please post just bug numbers affecting your 6950 and under what cases, no need for rants.
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    First of all I'm not trolling, the truth is what the truth is whether you like it or not. It's static. It's binary. It is or it isnt. You can't make your imaginings true whether you want to or not.
    So the bug reports are imaginary and only what you tell is the truth?
    A lot of them are legitimate bugs of course.
    So now we have legitimate imaginary bugs?
    But here is where you go wrong.... You make the claim that -because- the catalyst driver works for you the radeon driver doesnt. That's assinine.
    Where did I do that? I used the FOSS driver in the past, experienced the bugs, tried to get them fixed and cause that failed switched to catalyst. Now you're also changing my words. No need to talk to you any future, welcome to my ignore list.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    So you disagree that I have daily (sometimes even hourly) kernel crashes when using the FOSS drivers? You disagree with the bug reports on freedesktop?
    In other words: You disagree with reality? Well, then keep on trolling...
    First of all I'm not trolling, the truth is what the truth is whether you like it or not. It's static. It's binary. It is or it isnt. You can't make your imaginings true whether you want to or not. The page that you linked to contains a hell of a lot of poorly written reports that ultimately have nothing to do with the driver. I know I took a lot of time looking through many of them. A lot of them are legitimate bugs of course. The OSS driver still has a long way to go...

But here is where you go wrong.... You make the claim that -because- the catalyst driver works for you the radeon driver doesnt. That's assinine.

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    So you disagree that I have daily (sometimes even hourly) kernel crashes when using the FOSS drivers? You disagree with the bug reports on freedesktop?
    You reality doesn't necessary have to be reality of everyone. What is the bug affecting you and why do you keep using FOSS driver if it crashes for you hourly; I doubt you are some kind of a masochist,..
    Please post just bug numbers affecting your 6950 and under what cases, no need for rants.

Leave a comment:

• V10lator
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Yes, but the opposite is not true as well.
    I didn't say that, I just told they are slower fixing major bugs. Some bugs I experienced where even on both drivers (so I guess hardware bugs) - They are fixed in catalyst while still hanging in the FOSS driver now. Maybe both teams should cooperate some more, workarounds for hardware bugs should be given to the other team ASAP. Fun fact: From my experience the FOSS team is faster fixing minor bugs.

I'm not against the FOSS driver at all, when I used another card in the past I used it, too, cause it worked for everything I needed and I'm also frequently checking my bug reports and even install the FOSS driver from time to time to see if things changed.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Yes, but the opposite is not true as well.

Leave a comment:

• V10lator
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Meanwhile I and the vast majority of other people have perfect stability using both. Hence it must be something specific to your hardware/setup.
    True. I'm not arguing against that, I'm just telling that both camps aren't perfect (hell, it's software made by humans after all) and not "catalyst == crap, FOSS == great" like duby229 tries to tell us.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    And he has daily, sometimes hourly crashes with the proprietary drivers. Meanwhile I and the vast majority of other people have perfect stability using both. Hence it must be something specific to your hardware/setup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X