Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Seat Support Running Well In Wayland/Weston

Phoronix: Multi-Seat Support Running Well In Wayland/Weston

With new patches, multi-seat support for Wayland with the Weston compositor is beginning to work well. For showing off Wayland/Weston multi-seat handling, a video has been made...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Idea/Wishlist: Multi-seat over the network? Share one workspace, work collaboratively from different buildings or countries or cubicles.

Good job to the Wayland/Weston devs!
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

First to admit...

Let me be the first to admit I have no idea what this thing is good for.
      Gaming?! CNC?! Tentacle Monsters?!

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post
        Let me be the first to admit I have no idea what this thing is good for.
        Gaming?! CNC?! Tentacle Monsters?!
        Same computer? Not much... See my post above though about remote collaborationg.
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          Same computer? Not much... See my post above though about remote collaborationg.
          The gaming quote is also valid. Think about split screen with two keyboards and two mice.

Regards,

Comment

Multi seat! Multi seat! Multi seat!

Multi keyboard and multiple mouse too please!

(and being able to pair mouse with keyboard, and change pairing while running.)

Comment

Each seat controls it's own pointer an has it's own focus, enabling collaborative user experience."
              "Each seat controls its own pointer an has its own focus, enabling collaborative user experience."

How is this multiseat? I played with multiple pointers like this when Multi Pointer X was merged a couple of years ago? True multiseat (IMHO requiring the rendernode work to come to fruition) can be awesome for libraries and such, but this?

Comment

This thing screams for an easy to use GUI to get users make the most of it.

Cool though.

Comment

NOT multi-seat

That is not multi-seat, it's multi-input

Multi-seat = each seat has it's own session

Comment

Originally posted by fhuberts View Post
                    That is not multi-seat, it's multi-input

Multi-seat = each seat has it's own session
                    some info
                    In particular, highlighting the definition in topic, we have:
                    A multi-session system allows multiple user sessions on the same seat at the same time. Linux+systemd qualifies.

A multi-seat system allows multiple independent seats that can be individually and simultaneously used by different users. Linux+systemd qualifies.

Comment

Working...
                    X