X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    Might want to double-check this article, too.
    No, there's no way that many letters could have been fabricated, and in such style. You can tell soreau's writing style.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Come on now, look at your calendar.
    Stop confusing people. It was posted on the private wayland mailing list. It has nothing to do with the date.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by zwastik View Post
    I just checked over the ML and there is no such information.

I looks like FUD to me.
    Come on now, look at your calendar.

Leave a comment:

• Darxus
    replied
    Originally posted by zwastik View Post

I looks like FUD to me.
    I hate April Fools'. It's difficult enough to determine what's true vs. what's supposed to be ironic / sarcastic / etc. without this.

I suspect this Northfield article is true though.

Leave a comment:

• zwastik
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    While this is still in the beginning it might prove useful now that Kristian Hogsberg announced that he will be working on Mir after he accepted a position at Canonical (anounced it today at the ML). I don't see an bright future for wayland without Kristian.

I looks like FUD to me.

Leave a comment:

• Grogan
    replied
    Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Michael, imo you're dramatizing too much a simple offer of money, the guy didn't ask you to commit a crime or join a cabal, really, it's not even worth the article if not for the link of the site.
    If you don't want to accept money for such things then please don't complain that you don't get enough money from running your site.
    I think taking the money is OK, because most people, including me, are using and will be using ad-block and that would be an assymetric solution. You only have to make the article(s) promoting it short and without any drama and only when there's something interesting, like a new video about Wayland/Norwood/Alaska progress.

PS: If anyone would be paying me I'd even be willing to promote lipstick for pigs.
    I wouldn't waste my time reading this site if I knew someone was taking kickbacks to promote things they are evaluating or reporting. How could I trust the opinions or the facts? I'd then start thinking that the benchmarks and stuff are tampered with too. Your mentality is the reason many product reviews are worthless and most of the Internet is shit.

Moreover, asking for donations for a project and then using it to give kickbacks is dishonest use of the money. I sure wouldn't give any of my money to a project that uses it in that manner. When I donate, it's a contribution towards the expenses of the developers (including living expenses if that's what they need)... free software doesn't need that kind of marketing.

I wouldn't try to justify your use of ad blocking software by admonishing someone with integrity for not taking bribes. I don't necessarily fault anyone for doing that (ads can be annoying or even crippling in some circumstances) but if you were really concerned about the money this site gets, you know how to get it without advertisements.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by YoungManKlaus View Post
    Regarding Kristian leaving for Canonical/Mir: better double-check that tomorrow
    Might want to double-check this article, too.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Michael, imo you're dramatizing too much a simple offer of money, the guy didn't ask you to commit a crime or join a cabal, really, it's not even worth the article if not for the link of the site.
    If you don't want to accept money for such things then please don't complain that you don't get enough money from running your site.
    I think taking the money is OK, because most people, including me, are using and will be using ad-block and that would be an assymetric solution. You only have to make the article(s) promoting it short and without any drama and only when there's something interesting, like a new video about Wayland/Norwood/Alaska progress.

PS: If anyone would be paying me I'd even be willing to promote lipstick for pigs.
    All things considered, this article may very well earn him more money overall...

But yes, I didn't see anything particularly wrong here, until the whole "leak" idea surfaced.

Leave a comment:

• ceage
    replied
    Originally posted by www.northfield.ws
    Moreau has been educated by some of the greatest people from around the world, mastering many of the various fields involved with Computer Science. Scott is looking to settle in the town of Colorado Springs [...] The city of Colorado Springs has been chosen by many, including great minds such as Nicola Tesla, who graced these streets before there were many streets at all.
    Priceless.

Leave a comment:

• mark45
    replied

Last edited by mark45; 01 April 2013, 12:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X