GNOME Will Move Full-Speed With Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    They changed their minds on compiz. It happens in corporations. People go in a direction and then the boss says 180 degrees everybody. It's inefficient but that is how companies work.
    You realize that this was a community developer who did this in his free time, not some paid developer?

Comment

• Mcann is a software developer not a trained designer.

Comment

They changed their minds on compiz. It happens in corporations. People go in a direction and then the boss says 180 degrees everybody. It's inefficient but that is how companies work.
        But they did know it earlier, Feature Freeze for Pangalon was a good weak ago. So they knew that at least weeks earlier if not months. I think they just wanted to have all options as long as possible. So if they get not dont what they did work on, they could just stay on the compiz weagon for now. And then because they knew earlier that they will not use it, they just slept a few weeks just dont caring about the work this guy makes only for ubuntu.

Comment

He did work for Canonical for a while but that is not the point. The only ones still using Compiz were Canonical and at some point they changed their minds and stopped supporting it considering it good enough. So they no longer accepted his performance patches. It happens even if they previously said they will support compiz. They changed their minds.
          Have you even read the article about that process? They didn't stop to accept his patches because they think that Compiz is good enough, they did stop because accepting patches from community developers is no longer part of their vision. they have this vision at least for 9 months, the time they secretly started to develop Mir, but just didn't care to tell that anyone. So basically this guy developed the last four months to contribute to Ubuntu, to make it actually better, although Canonical already knew that they won't accept his work anyways.
          This is a behavior that really pisses of the community and although they state otherwise, Ubuntu would cease to exist without that community. Basically they cutted one of their legs because their head thinks "Hey, I am up here, what do I need legs for?" This will seriously backfire for Canonical, as you can see that more and more community projects simply don't want to support them anymore.

Comment

some more bla bla
            You're quite a post machine

Comment

Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!
              Fuck you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                =They didn't stop to accept his patches because they think that Compiz is good enough, they did stop because accepting patches from community developers is no longer part of their vision. they have this vision at least for 9 months, the time they secretly started to develop Mir, but just didn't care to tell that anyone. So basically this guy developed the last four months to contribute to Ubuntu, to make it actually better, although Canonical already knew that they won't accept his work anyways.
                Is this your opinion or do you have some citations to go with that, because I'd like to read the facts surrounding this.

Comment

• Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                  Is this your opinion or do you have some citations to go with that, because I'd like to read the facts surrounding this.
                  Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubuntu wasn?t going to take my patches because they don?t want to take community patches on compiz anymore.

Comment

• So we have one quote from the developer and nothing from the party accused?
                    There has to be more to this than that. Got any more info lying around?

Comment

Working...
                    X