X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david_lynch
    replied
    Does anyone else wonder

If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Aside from window minimizing and maximizing support, another feature missing from Wayland/Weston has been an easy way to change resolutions and other display functionality that up until recently was handled via XRandR, the X Resize and Rotate extension. Now Weston has received a similar port...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMyMzI

Leave a comment:

• F i L
    replied
    Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
    +1 to this

Leave a comment:

• Micket
    replied
    I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
    Amen to this. Pretty much every fullscreen game fucks up. Luckily Unity3D doesn't seem to do so, so all those games won't mess shit up at least.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Yea, that's always a pain.

Leave a comment:

• mark45
    replied
    Last edited by mark45; 10 March 2013, 11:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Phoronix: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Aside from window minimizing and maximizing support, another feature missing from Wayland/Weston has been an easy way to change resolutions and other display functionality that up until recently was handled via XRandR, the X Resize and Rotate extension. Now Weston has received a similar port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X