X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancurio
    replied
    Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
    If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?
    What the hell are you talking about, all the currently available code for Mir is public.

Leave a comment:

• david_lynch
    replied
    Does anyone else wonder

If the mir announcement was only a bluff, an elaborate ruse, a backhanded way to light a fire under the wayland/weston developers, to supercharge the pace of development?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: XRandR Equivalent Published For Wayland, Weston

Aside from window minimizing and maximizing support, another feature missing from Wayland/Weston has been an easy way to change resolutions and other display functionality that up until recently was handled via XRandR, the X Resize and Rotate extension. Now Weston has received a similar port...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMyMzI

Leave a comment:

• F i L
    replied
    Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
    +1 to this

Leave a comment:

• Micket
    replied
    I for one fully agree that a client should only be able to _ask_ for a resolution, not _set_ it. I had enough of it with crashing games and/or bad drivers on Linux that left me with a crappy desktop at super low/broken res.
    Amen to this. Pretty much every fullscreen game fucks up. Luckily Unity3D doesn't seem to do so, so all those games won't mess shit up at least.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Yea, that's always a pain.

Leave a comment:

• mark45
    replied
    Last edited by mark45; 03-10-2013, 11:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X