No announcement yet.

Android Support Removed From Wayland's Weston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something tels me uid313 never bothers to look back for answers to his questions, he has asked this in several other articles and answer have been given yet he keeps asking it again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
      Something tels me uid313 never bothers to look back for answers to his questions, he has asked this in several other articles and answer have been given yet he keeps asking it again and again.
      I read this thread.

Yes, I've asked about it before.

Comment

IMO wayland support in android should be built into android anyway, not weston. In the first place, Weston is supposed to be just a reference compositor, isn't it?

Comment

Yes! Good riddance!

If there is one thing that has plagued the Linux community more than anything else, it's hubris and NIH syndrome (among others), which has contributed to the extreme lack of focus to bring ONE great thing to completion rather than branch out in 50 different directions, never completing any one in particular. As a Linux user, developer, fan -etc I'm sick and tired of hearing "This will be the year of the Linux desktop" for the last 10 years.

Let us make this pipe dream a reality - by checking our egos each morning, flush them down the toilet with your morning routine and focus on creating the -greatest- display server that ever was. Do this by literally -"RIPPING"- off usable X code for whatever is needed, if it can be done or other software packages/middleware that are tried and true. Just because you don't like ONE thing about some package that's been around for a while with a fair amount of consensus about its aliveness and quality, doesn't mean you have to develop OCD over this and "start your own fork" or whatever the fork.....

The only thing that can kill off Linux on the desktop is the Linux developers - nothing else can stop it.

Screw Apple, they're going downhill fast, right along with Windows 8.... Linux is the future and it NEEDS a -superb- display server, NON-X based, to set the OS market free and commoditize the future of the desktop to the point where Linux becomes a household name that even your 80 year old grandma will recognize, right along with the fat penguin and Linus' occasional asshole commentaries...

Comment

Working...
          X