Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland 1.0.1 Has Been Released

Phoronix: Wayland 1.0.1 Has Been Released

The first point release of Wayland 1.0 is now available for those interested in this next-generation display server environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Weston

Can Weston minimize windows yet?
    Was the window switcher merged?

Too bad Wayland doesn't run on Nouvoue, at least not for me on my GeForce 8600.

Comment

"minimize" is being worked on.
      It doesn't run on my GeForce 560 Ti either. Nouveau is the worst one of the 3 big open source drivers for Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
        why nouveau doesn't work with wayland?
        Because the drivers are buggy and not feature-complete.

If you run Weston on X then it works.
        But if you run Weston on console/DRM then it crashes with garbled screen and you have to restart the computer.

Comment

I think it's because nouveau is less stable and feature complete (cause they don't have access to docs like Intel & AMD have).
          As the nouveau devs said - they don't really care about making their driver stable in time for a given mesa release, for them it's a constant work in progress: if it works for your card - lucky you, if not - whatever, just wait or file a bug.
          Otherwise Nouveau is fit for Wayland.

Comment

Working...
          X