Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA's Driver May Support Wayland Eventually

Phoronix: NVIDIA's Driver May Support Wayland Eventually

Back in 2010 NVIDIA said they have no plans to support Wayland, but is that still the case?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

AMD Catalyst also doesn't have any immediate Wayland plans.
    Coincidentally, neither do I have any plans for AMD (or for Nvidia).

I'll be going with Intel.

Comment

It seems that this time, nVidia send XDC a men not only to seat on a chair, but to truly intend to understand what's going on open source grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Coincidentally, neither do I have any plans for AMD (or for Nvidia).

I'll be going with Intel.
        because you love monopolies?

Comment

Originally posted by boast View Post
          because you love monopolies?
          Im in the same boat as him frankly, my next laptop will just have Intel Haswell (or whatever the current generation is at the time). Desktop i'll probably put an AMD card into, but Laptops now? Just intel is perfectly fine. And its not because I love monopolies, its because Intel IS the best hardware. AMD Bulldozer architecture is a complete flop (Piledriver MAY fix it, but we'll see), and their graphics, while not being 'top of the line' are perfectly adequate for their usage, theres nothing wrong with them.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Unless you're doing gaming, you don't really need a discrete video card anymore. Integrated Intel graphics is good enough.

And if you are doing gaming, you have to do it on Windows anyway so the Linux support from NVIDIA / AMD is getting less important as time goes on.

Comment

Working...
            X