X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
    Though I think it needs at least another year before it's usable, there's a lot of reasons X needs to be replaced, and one reason is that wayland is a much better system. Ubuntu probably should be delaying this at least till the release after the next LTS.
    Betamax was better than VHS ....

Leave a comment:

• Mystro256
    replied
    Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    Yep it's shit. I can see the future. We'll have this shit force down our throats, a half-assed piece of software full of bugs, and it'll be 3 more ubuntu versions before it's anything near usable. No thanx, I'll stick to X. It's been here for so long we know it's good. No need to change for the sake of change. Dammit fix the already many bugs in ubuntu, stop adding shit with new piles of bugs in it!
    Though I think it needs at least another year before it's usable, there's a lot of reasons X needs to be replaced, and one reason is that wayland is a much better system. Ubuntu probably should be delaying this at least till the release after the next LTS.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    It doesn't seem like it's authors think that it's very ready as well, so that's good.

Leave a comment:

• R___
    replied
    This is a bad time to push Wayland. Valve is trying to port games, and Windows 8 is going to alienate users (who won't have a stable OS to move to due to Wayland). Obviously Wayland won't be ready to replace X for quite some time. I see the advantages, but it needs to be an extremely smooth transition or it will cause more problems than it solves.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Well call me Lucy, we're ready to pop! Slap a version number on that Bitch and send her to the masses! Reeeeaaady for prime time!

Leave a comment:

• ElderSnake
    replied
    It's scary that one of the main Wayland experimenting distros put out there is a Rebecca Black themed OS ;_;

Still it's interesting to see where it's at, nice overview Micheal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X