Proposal For Wayland With Virtual Terminals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
    As soon I saw that Lennart Poettering was involved I knew this was no good...
    Do you have any actual critique towards the project? Lennart to me seems like a extremely talented developer who works on technical basis. His haters then again seem to hate him just because they hate him. Very rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
      As soon I saw that Lennart Poettering was involved I knew this was no good...
      So you hate him because all the awesome projects he has started, but other projects failed to integrate correctly, giving Lennarts (not the abusing) projects a bad name.
      Or do you hate him just because he actually see problems and tries to solve them, and just not tell people to "work around it"/"buy another soundcard"/diddely-that?

Now systemds journald, that is another thing, but other than that most of the stuff he talks about usually has some merits.

Comment

Have you forgotten about PulseAudio???

Originally posted by Xake View Post
        So you hate him because all the awesome projects he has started, but other projects failed to integrate correctly, giving Lennarts (not the abusing) projects a bad name.
        Or do you hate him just because he actually see problems and tries to solve them, and just not tell people to "work around it"/"buy another soundcard"/diddely-that?

Now systemds journald, that is another thing, but other than that most of the stuff he talks about usually has some merits.

Seriously have you forgotten about PuleAudio???
        I don't have the same criticism against Systemd, at least it's operating at the correct place.
        Now if you created a new daemon above traditional init, and then named it SystemD, you'd have created the PulseAudio of init.

Regarding the comment about "work around it"...
        What would you call an additional extraneous daemon, which was created to 'deal with' Alsa's architectural deficiencies?
        Such a kludge, as described, is normally called a workaround. He added features, but at the cost of latency, processing and code, is this is not a reason for skepticism?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
          Seriously, where do these wet-behind-the-ears wackjobs even come from?
          So, what have you written, then?

Comment

Working...
          X