Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland Running Various GTK Applications

Phoronix: Wayland Running Various GTK Applications

There's some more progress to report on with Wayland and Weston beyond the Wayland talks at last week's LF collab summit, including a video showing various GTK applications running within Wayland on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unfortunately Rebecca black linux doesn't even boot on my system, it stays stuck somewhere in the middle while booting.

Using Nvidia GTX 560Ti & ASUS MB P7P55D LX.

Comment

sadly many of the important apps don't work

once Libre, Browsers and media players start working i think we ll see greater adoption of WL

great work from the guy that made the video

Comment

Why are these demos always with disabled theming? Is it not yet possible possible with Wayland or do the demonstrators just not care?

Comment

Originally posted by 0xCAFE View Post
          Why are these demos always with disabled theming? Is it not yet possible possible with Wayland or do the demonstrators just not care?
          i think they don't work yet

only enlightenment has presented something with decorations

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            i think they don't work yet

only enlightenment has presented something with decorations
            I don't mean window decorations. I'm wondering about the widget theme.

Comment

why would there be any themes installed, or configured?

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                sadly many of the important apps don't work

once Libre, Browsers and media players start working i think we ll see greater adoption of WL

great work from the guy that made the video
                Wayland is still in heavy development, and the current adoption rate is 0.
                I just pray that the mistakes of KDE4 and PulseAudio won't be repeated by distro packagers...

Comment

I don't mean window decorations. I'm wondering about the widget theme.
                  I THINK that has something to do with the fact gnome-settings-manger isn't running... I'm not sure if it even runs on Wayland yet...

Comment

Gnome-settings-manager is not necessary to use a gtk+ theme. It's merely bad design by Ubuntu to do it that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X