No announcement yet.

Trying Out Wayland With Rebecca Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently updated the ISO, and it has all the toolkits now, (except clutter, that might be on a upcoming ISO, I recently found a git repo that has an updated clutter for Wayland 0.95)

The Wayland developers have fixed Xwayland over the months, so it's actually somewhat 'usable', but very glitchy:
    Free, secure and fast downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory - SourceForge.net

Free, secure and fast downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory - SourceForge.net

And thanks to weston-launch, I have Wayland (and the clients) running as the USER instead of root when it's running as a native display server. (After login, which still requires the X11 login manager) And if Weston fails it falls back to KDE.

Edit: that was fast! (or I didn't notice the new article while posting this)
    Last edited by nerdopolis; 10 August 2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

This is seriously one of the absolutely worst names you could have decided to give your OS.

To objectively illustrate this point (that means watch how the rest of the world thinks this is stupid and it is not just me and my opinion) just watch how not only does Jimmy Fallon do your song as a comedy sketch, he also has a top rated guest comedy show host (his competition - it was that super stupid it warranted crossing the line to make fun of it) do it also but come on as lead singer and then ++ have a 3rd celebrity slide down center stage because it is so awesomely stupidly easily requiring no talent that the ease of making fun of it because it is so ....fn bad failure that it is like Elmer Fud wabbit season, it just boggles the mind that anyone would forever want to name their OS this.

Watch and laugh http://www.hulu.com/watch/229352?playlist_id=1051

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
        I recently updated the ISO, and it has all the toolkits now, (except clutter, that might be on a upcoming ISO, I recently found a git repo that has an updated clutter for Wayland 0.95)

The Wayland developers have fixed Xwayland over the months, so it's actually somewhat 'usable', but very glitchy:

And thanks to weston-launch, I have Wayland (and the clients) running as the USER instead of root when it's running as a native display server. (After login, which still requires the X11 login manager) And if Weston fails it falls back to KDE.

Edit: that was fast! (or I didn't notice the new article while posting this)
        Hi nerdopolis

Do you think you can get Chromium working via the Ozone backend? I see they just released a preview: https://01.org/ozone-wayland/blogs/t...review-release

Originally posted by aironeous View Post
        This is seriously one of the absolutely worst names you could have decided to give your OS.
        Oh shut up and appreciate what this dude is giving you, for free.

Comment

Originally posted by runeks View Post
          Hi nerdopolis

Do you think you can get Chromium working via the Ozone backend? I see they just released a preview: https://01.org/ozone-wayland/blogs/t...review-release

Oh shut up and appreciate what this dude is giving you, for free.
          I tried getting ozone-chrome working... but it pulled 11GB of source when I tried...

Comment

Working...
          X