Enlightenment E17 Running On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me on E17 running on DirectFB
    //edit: oh, it's actual mentioned in the article...

Comment

comment from the dev on G+:

Eh, it's a start. I have it doing images now, and the canvas library portion is very near completion. Next step is to port ecore/ecore_x stuff to Wayland, then we can actually have efl apps running Glad people like it tho !! - Cheers, devilhorns
      nice stuff

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        They obviously still have a ways to go
        How about putting out an actual release version? E17 is pre-release since 10 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          How about putting out an actual release version? E17 is pre-release since 10 years?
          Oh no, It became pre-release just recently, this or last year I think. Before that was nothing but working snapshots. And yeah 10 years for release is quite a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post
            Oh no, It became pre-release just recently, this or last year I think. Before that was nothing but working snapshots. And yeah 10 years for release is quite a lot.
            We currently focus on the EFL right now (they will be released as 1.1 this week-end or next week), then we will focus on e17 :

There are not a lot of devs, though Hence the slow development. Any help is welcome (even bug reports)

Comment

Originally posted by accumulator View Post
              There's this awesome site called Google. It allows you to enter search terms and most of the time you actually get meaningful stuff back! You should try it some time.
              I know, but it's filled with clueless blog posts and news sites citing said blog posts as authorotive sources, whereas the devs hang out here from time to time .

Comment

they are advancing

congrats e17 people

Comment

Working...
                X