Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland Is Now Available In Ubuntu 11.04

Phoronix: Wayland Is Now Available In Ubuntu 11.04

Canonical's Bryce Harrington has just announced he has uploaded a snapshot of the Wayland Display Server to the Universe repository for Ubuntu 11.04, a.k.a. the upcoming "Natty Narwhal" Linux release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm happy to hear this. It frankly doesn't do anything for me at the moment or even in the immediate future as I don't even run Ubuntu but it's an important first step. As mentioned in the article this is just a foundation, a baby step, but one that will hopefully ultimately allow me to ditch X entirely years from now.

Comment

Maybe a review of the Natty stack?

Michael

Ubuntu Natty already reached Feature Freeze

Would it be possible for you to review the Natty Graphics / Kernel stack. Things like what chipsets will use Gallium, what to expect in terms of perfomance, etc. You always give a nice overview of the major topics (btw, this kind of articles really add a lot of value to Phoronix)

Thanks a lot!
      Leo

Comment

Working...
      X