X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    That goes both ways. See a windows thread, there will be a os x or linux troll. See a os x thread and you will see a linux or windows troll.
    It's an unfortunate side of humanity but were there be people there'll be a percentage of douchebags as well I guess. :-)

When I first started reading these boards I wasn't expecting to find so many troll posts but I then on reflection why would Linux be any more immune from trolls than other platforms?

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Decatf View Post
    The popularity has also brought all the shit that comes with large followings like the hoards of trolls to various Linux communities and related sites.
    That goes both ways. See a windows thread, there will be a os x or linux troll. See a os x thread and you will see a linux or windows troll.

Leave a comment:

• Bitiquinho
    replied
    I think there's too much Linux distros that are very similar, and it's good for some of them to try something new, an it'll be good to support alternative projects...

Anyway, if it goes well, we'll just have a better Ubuntu, if not, people who doesn't want to abandon .deb packages could use Linux Mint, or another Ubuntu based distro that will keep X.org, or Debian itself...

Leave a comment:

• NomadDemon
    replied
    is this bad idea?

Leave a comment:

• wirrbeltier
    replied
    Wow, hadn't thought that so many people would bash ubuntu for this plan. IMHO, Shuttleworth is trying to move ubuntu radically into the direction of 'idiot-proof linux for the masses'. Unity as default, wayland adoption, ubuntu shop, the 'ubunu' font - those things are geared towards making ubuntu more appealing to first-time users, and those using it in a dual-boot 'get to the web ASAP' style (which Shuttleorth blogged about some months back). He seems to have some vision of getting ubuntu to the masses, and is using his 'beneficial dictator' powers to push through changes he thinks will help position ubuntu in this direction.
    These are bold moves, and only time will tell if this helps to compensate the loss of power-users with fresh first-time users... My guess is that if it works OOTB, most won't bother what works underneath.

Leave a comment:

• Decatf
    replied
    The popularity has also brought all the shit that comes with large followings like the hoards of trolls to various Linux communities and related sites.

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by etnlWings View Post
    The mailing lists (who are we kidding, they would use twitter) would be spammed with 'SUM1 FIX MY PROBLEMS NOW!', 'Ubuntu needs to be harmonised with Buddhist teaching' and 'as a white male shut-in with too much time on my hands, I insist that your retract your earlier lolcats picture, which objectified women, and issue a formal apology' posts.
    Not only comedy gold, but sadly more true than I'd like.

Leave a comment:

• NomadDemon
    replied
    energyman is bitching lord in this topic... not you

yes, some information were lost in translation, iam not native English, cant say what i want to say precisely

Leave a comment:

• etnlWings
    replied
    Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    i like ubuntu, couse it doesnt use KDE but gnome, and is deb based, its only 2 things why i use ubuntu, just like it, its a little bit more experimental than debian, dont need to be PR0 by using slack or gentoo, ubuntu is ok for me, dont need MORE, dont have problem with it, so it mean iam retard? iam just lazy
    I think something's being lost in translation, here: we're saying the same thing. I also use Ubuntu (albeit, assembled from a mini.iso w/ Xfce+Compiz) because I like Debian, it's package management and it's build tools but also like an up-to-date package selection which doesn't require that I use Sid. If I were saying all Ubuntu users were retards, I'd necessarily have to include myself.

I still maintain that the majority of Ubuntu's users are various varieties of retards, though. Not just ignorant but whiny brats, fanboys, airheads, impatient and with the attention span of a cats, entitled and demanding. It's a good thing Ubuntu isn't a community maintained distro, as if it were, it would not only be technically incompetent but it would collapse under the weight of it's own douchebaggery. The mailing lists (who are we kidding, they would use twitter) would be spammed with 'SUM1 FIX MY PROBLEMS NOW!', 'Ubuntu needs to be harmonised with Buddhist teaching' and 'as a white male shut-in with too much time on my hands, I insist that your retract your earlier lolcats picture, which objectified women, and issue a formal apology' posts.

Leave a comment:

• NomadDemon
    replied
    i like ubuntu, couse it doesnt use KDE but gnome, and is deb based, its only 2 things why i use ubuntu, just like it, its a little bit more experimental than debian, dont need to be PR0 by using slack or gentoo, ubuntu is ok for me, dont need MORE, dont have problem with it, so it mean iam retard? iam just lazy

i know many users, mostly girls with laptops, who want to get rid of vista/seven, so i offer ubuntu, they are newbie users, only music, movie, youtube, some stuff in office, simple picture resize or crop. they have everything they want to have. they retardness is shown by "how to change wallpaper""how to install skype""how to...." so forget about compiling programms, about changing grub stuff etc.. whats why i think they are newbies.. retard isnt good word. these girls still use ubu on laptops, already know how to install programms, remove programs, configure wine, configure IM to talk to friends. they want to start from something, iam happy that people use linux, dont matter they are newbies or not, its still bigger and bigger community. after years users want to test KDE instead of gnome, want to test other distros, thats why i say you all are bitching...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X