No announcement yet.

Qt Is Now Drawing On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Gnome is probably too busy with getting Gnome 3 shipped and GTK+ is probably too busy with their next itteration.

Comment

Why's Wayland running in an X window?

Yo dawg, so you like X, so we put X in your wayland in your X in your wayland in your X....

Or did I totally misget that, and that screenshot is a wayland window?

Comment

..I suspect he's running wayland in an X window so he doesn't have to keep restarting his environment to test..

Point is, wayland works with the screen as a GEM object, so it can just as well render to the object of a surface that's in an X window as it can the front buffer object.

Comment

compiz saves cpu? and saves my framerate counter in games, by half ; /

Comment

Those Intel guys know how to build high-performance graphics hardware and stable drivers, so Wayland MUST be good if they back it!

Comment

Originally posted by sturmflut View Post
              Those Intel guys know how to build high-performance graphics hardware and stable drivers, so Wayland MUST be good if they back it!
              Sarcasm noted.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                I doubt anytime soon. For now it requires Cairo with GL backend which as far as I've been able to decipher is still not nearly production-ready.
                In other words, even if you got a release, you couldn't use it.
                As far as I can tell this is completly wrong... Wayland can optionally use the GL accelerated Cairo but it's not at all a requirement afaik. There's a lot of graphics driver features that it does need that aren't supported by most drivers yet though - I'm pretty sure it only works on Intel graphics cards at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by srg_13 View Post
                  As far as I can tell this is completly wrong... Wayland can optionally use the GL accelerated Cairo but it's not at all a requirement afaik. There's a lot of graphics driver features that it does need that aren't supported by most drivers yet though - I'm pretty sure it only works on Intel graphics cards at the moment.
                  Have you ever even tried to compile it? Wayland fails configure without Cairo with GL support. There's no switch to disable the check that I've found.

Comment

Working...
                  X