X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sylware
    replied
    slim

Wayland would be the bare minimal network protocol for a modern GPU stack?
    I really have to look further into it.

Leave a comment:

• srg_13
    replied
    Originally posted by gnufreex View Post
    Can someone explain what exactly Wayland is? I read that is started in 2007 by Red Hat engineer, as replacement for X. Now it seems like it is some additional protocol to go with X. I suppose that is better idea than replacing X altogether, there are lot of thing that depend on X...

Is there any in-depth explanation of Wayland. how it works and how it interacts with X?
    It can replace X, but it can also run X applications using a rootles X server and composite them together with the native Wayland apps. A bit like Mac OS X's window system - it doesn't need X but can provide the backward compatibility.

Leave a comment:

• gnufreex
    replied
    Can someone explain what exactly Wayland is? I read that is started in 2007 by Red Hat engineer, as replacement for X. Now it seems like it is some additional protocol to go with X. I suppose that is better idea than replacing X altogether, there are lot of thing that depend on X...

Is there any in-depth explanation of Wayland. how it works and how it interacts with X?

Leave a comment:

• unimatrix
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Unfortunately the audio feed seems to be dead for most of the time. I do have other recordings from my laptop for some talks for those that may want to filter out my typing noise.
    No audio is still better than no video. A lot of us probably just wanna see Wayland in action.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Can't wait for the uploads ^^,
    Unfortunately the audio feed seems to be dead for most of the time. I do have other recordings from my laptop for some talks for those that may want to filter out my typing noise.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
    What, no video?
    Can't wait for the uploads ^^,

Leave a comment:

• unimatrix
    replied
    What, no video?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Wayland Demonstration At XDS 2010

Wayland Demonstration At XDS 2010

Phoronix: Wayland Demonstration At XDS 2010
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X